Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

trunk ajar light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trunk ajar light

for some reason when my truck is closed the light says it is open.

where is the sensor located for this and is it a common problem
    1990 h22 accord ex-r

Originally posted by Xlr8
    for some reason when my truck is closed the light says it is open.

where is the sensor located for this and is it a common problem
    Ist funny cause the same thing happened to me when I replaced my trunk lid. The light was staying on the dash says that its open. I never fixed mine, I just took out the bulb.
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerZZ
      Ist funny cause the same thing happened to me when I replaced my trunk lid. The light was staying on the dash says that its open. I never fixed mine, I just took out the bulb.
      X2...lol...I should take out my bulb

Comment

So you dismantled you dash and gauge cluster to remove a light instead of fixing a simple little switch? You is crazy, boy!
        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

adjust your striker, this happends alot on crv's at the dealer they some how move and the switch doesnt close but you trunk does, loosen it and move it back or foward and tighten and close your trunk light should clear

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
            So you dismantled you dash and gauge cluster to remove a light instead of fixing a simple little switch? You is crazy, boy!
            lol....you are the one that carzy boy....I removed the buld from the trunk so it soent stay on all night, the red light on the dash is still these because the sensor thinks the trunk is open.
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by cb9tuner
              adjust your striker, this happends alot on crv's at the dealer they some how move and the switch doesnt close but you trunk does, loosen it and move it back or foward and tighten and close your trunk light should clear
              striker? Adjust? A little more detail would help bro, thanks in advance
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

the striker is the hook looking thing were the latch on your trunk clips on to, the striker has 2 screws that hold it in place you loosen both and move the striker to where you think the trunk latch will close flush with it

Comment

Working...
                X