Calling all jdm DOHC VTEC h23a swappers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What doesn't fit about it?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

well i feel like a retard. after further inspection, the h22a mount does work and fit well. i just held them up together and they look REALLY similar, almost the same, but the bolt spacing is different.
      COUPE K24

Comment

Is your F22B DOHC an OBD2 silver top?
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

not sure. it probably was. it had a silver valve cover on it originally. not sure if that matters obd 1/2.
          COUPE K24

Comment

It's an OBD2 engine if it had a silver valve cover. That means it came from a 5th generation Prelude and explains the issue with the mount bracket.

Comment

Odd thing is on my OBDII "Silver Top" F22B I just used the bracket that was on there. Fit the mount perfectly. I never even unbolted the bracket from the F22A6 that came out of the car.
              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Doing this swap now, So from what ive gathered ill neeed to swap out the h23 injectors for the h22 ones. And the distrubitor itself will have to be swapped to the h22 one as well? Then the mount i can remove and use an h22 one in its place. Sounds like i have all the questions i had answered

8 Accords so far:
                '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

As long as by "H22A" you're referring to the OBD1 H22A installed in your car, yes. That install already has the correct injectors, distributor and post mount.

Other H22As have differences between those listed parts and with the given information, isn't descriptive enough. I'm not saying you're being ignorantly vague, I just want it clear for others who read this.

Comment

Working...
                  X