islandhopper : 1990 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Idea!!!.......

That'll sound bitchin'....till i hear the sounds of sirens....

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Thanks for the info on the piping bro and I has no clue bb6 fogs would look that good on a cb. Nice!
      92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Chinnn View Post
        Thanks for the info on the piping bro and I has no clue bb6 fogs would look that good on a cb. Nice!
        No problem. Have you decided what you're gonna get...2.25" or 2.5"?

And thanks! They were a lot cheaper than OEM, and i think they look sweet too!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

...UPDATES...

Delta 265, Onsuka Cam Gear and OBX Precision Power Pulleys

Mugen Oil Cap

Authentic Neuspeed Front Strut Brace

Sparco Sprint 5

Enough 20% Tint for 2 CB7's........for FREE!!!

Bumper in B-49M

BLUE!

Saris Roof Rack

My Town
          Last edited by islandhopper; 01-04-2012, 10:38 PM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Cars looking good, I see you got your self a racing seat and its sparco.
            Sold to:
            GunRunner,mtnickel,SanJoCaF22DrAcc,sikz6,daovangph otos,megarock15,
            Purchased From :cb95spd,"sleepin"

Comment

Bike rack looks great!! Very clean!
              1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
              For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Originally posted by Koochologist View Post
                Cars looking good, I see you got your self a racing seat and its sparco.
                Yeah man...just need a bracket.

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
                Bike rack looks great!! Very clean!
                Thanks man. I got it for my DK, but i still need to find a bike attachment.

I picked up a bunch of stuff for my CB while the site was down...

I got an authentic Nuespeed front strut bar for $50 and the guy threw in a 90-91 front bumper in my paint code.

Then i nabbed a Sparco Sprint 5 w/generic 4-point harness for $90! It's got a small rip in the fabric where you get in and out...but i've got a guy at work that can fix it.

The Saris rack was a steal too at $75. Since i got it i've taken all the stickers off and added a couple of my own. Not sure if i like it...i may take them off and leave it black. Or grace it with a really choice sticker...if i find one.

The crash killed my previous update about the Onsuka cam gear, OBX Precision Power Pulleys and Delta 265 camshaft. The cam is similar to the Bisi lvl 2 grind.

Oh yeah and a blue LED dome light i found while doing a Honda Certified Inspection. Replaced it with an OEM element and confiscated the blue-ness.

I'll try and get more relevant pix up soon....

Edit: Forgot to mention the 20% Tint that i got for free from the 3M guy that comes by the shop. Early X-Mas gift...
                He says it's enough for 2 cars like mine. Hopefully getting it done this week...
                Last edited by islandhopper; 01-04-2012, 11:23 PM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Bumper Signal Restoration and Tint

Before:

After:

After Tint:

Tail-Light Lens Restoration

Before:

After:

(That's not a scratch on the lens, it's my dogs reflection )

CLOSER!

^^^
                  (Reflection of my other donor CB )

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Dammmm those taillights look cleannnnn. Good job what did you use to buff them out like that??
                    Sold to:
                    GunRunner,mtnickel,SanJoCaF22DrAcc,sikz6,daovangph otos,megarock15,
                    Purchased From :cb95spd,"sleepin"

Comment

Thanks man.

I wet sanded them with 1500grit. Really important to take your time with that...prep determines finish.

Then i used a three stage process with two cutting compounds and a finishing polish applied with a pneumatic orbiting polisher.

For the signals i started with a real chunky 400grit applied with a palm sander since they were so badly pitted. Then 800grit by hand with a little water/soap mix, then up to 1500 with the palm sander again...And of course the 3 stage cut, buff, and polish.
                      Last edited by islandhopper; 01-14-2012, 04:09 AM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Lookin good Matt

Did you get that cam in? And what kind is it?

Is your donor car the same color as yours? It looks like it has a decent set of fenders why not use them

8 Accords so far:
                        '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                        '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                        (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
                          Lookin good Matt

Did you get that cam in? And what kind is it?

Is your donor car the same color as yours? It looks like it has a decent set of fenders why not use them
                          thanks brah.

No, the delta cam and pulleys are still on my to-do list.

The donor coupe i have is a 92-93 EX in cappuccino brown...and BOTH fenders are FUBAR. I guess the reflection wasn't clear enough.

I'm using mostly mechanical parts from it... i.e. the trans, the motor, the rear disc brakes. stuff like that. Im slowly turning my DX into an EX.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Oh noiiice well get that cam dont dudee! Lol i still have to letcha drive my car

And thats legit a dx/ex conversion is the best of both worlds cuz its light but has the performance of the ex, are you gonna swap to the a6 manifold then too?

I was messin around with that black box you gave me last night, found the other one i had from b4 too. guess waht, the OTHER nipple is broken on mine

8 Accords so far:

Comment

For sure. We'll have to compare once i cam this bish..

I have an A6/H23 hybrid mani with the bisi gasket a double stacked plenum. But the throttle body is fucked and i havent found a replacement yet.

Those nipples are delicate. Be kind to the nipples.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                                For sure. We'll have to compare once i cam this bish..

I have an A6/H23 hybrid mani with the bisi gasket a double stacked plenum. But the throttle body is fucked and i havent found a replacement yet.

Those nipples are delicate. Be kind to the nipples.
                                Shitchea!

I have an h22 obd1 tb finally and i just need to find the time to put it on in place of my obd2 one thats on there now lol

And yesh im allllways delicate with deh nipplez

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Working...
                                X