89' CRX SI 1.6L - alternator bolts missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89' CRX SI 1.6L - alternator bolts missing

I have a 89 crx SI with a D16 motor. When I got the car the alternator was off. I have the alternator-already mounted to the motor via the bottom bolt. i just bought/and installed 8" bolt and some washers along w the nut.

now the tensioner brackets i have. but no bolts or nuts. I cannot find them anywhere. I don't know the specs, or don't know if I could get a custom bolts made at lowes. Or something like that? I need two. one is to mount the bracket -itself to the motor. the other bolt with hold the alternator at its tension.

Please post if you have Any links to dealers or a suggestion to help aid . Thanks

just go to the jy and buy them. or if your a baller, go to honda and buy them.
    COUPE K24

Comment

I can't find any at my local jy

Comment

Does anyone know the size of the bolts? Or can I just use any other Honda hardware?

Comment

It's been a decade or so but I've done multiple alternators on d motors. There are two bolts. A main one 14mm and a tensioner 12mm there is no tensioner system like on the accord you pull tight by hand or crowbar and tighten the 12 then tighten the 14. The 12 threads into the alternator itself passing through a fixed bracket. I have to guess on the bracket itself as I have not had a reason to remove it. I think 2 10 mm bolts like any other Honda tensioner bracket I have seen. Grab a 10mm from the fender or something and see off it threads in. Then find one at the j/y from any Honda tensioner bracket.
          Last edited by cb7 calling; 05-28-2013, 04:16 PM.
          ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Cool moves dude! Thanks I got a set of bolts and I got the alternator on. Idk how tight the band should be?

Comment

Working...
            X