No announcement yet.

domesticated : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking back on the video it seems the rod snapped. Not sure how that happened on start up... So I;m now in the market for an engine. I'm not sure mine is salvageable.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Oh, that does kinda suck. Sorry mate.
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Sorry to hear about that.

Was it the tea?

Maybe you should get a euro-r

Comment

There's always the option of getting an H23A VTEC for cheap. You already have an aftermarket tuning solution, so why not. $1200 for the engine, timing belt and a few new seals and you're back on the road.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Not sure what route I'm going to go yet. I don't want to decide on anything until I tear into the engine.

Comment

Great news I'm not an idiot I'm just a putz. When I was checking top dead center this bit must have fallen in the head somehow which I can't really explain because all I did was use the socket wrench to pull the spark plug out and I put it back in. Good news is the head looks fine you can see a few dents from the bit but otherwise the valves look untouched and a little bit of the cylinder I could see had no doubting on it so I might have gotten away a lot better than I thought. Maybe I'll just need a 0.020" bore and hone. Also it only took me 3 hours from the time I open my garage door until the time I had the engine mounted on an engine stand so at least I got that going for me.

Comment

Glad to see the damage isnt as bad as you thought!

Comment

It's much worse actually. Block has to be sleeved and it's currently more expensive to fix the head than to replace it. So I'm trying to figure out what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                    It's much worse actually. Block has to be sleeved and it's currently more expensive to fix the head than to replace it. So I'm trying to figure out what to do.
                    Ah, damn. Sounds like the most logical options are either good condition swap or really building this motor to whatever your dream specs are.

Comment

But I'm so sick of spending money!

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                        But I'm so sick of spending money!
                        QFT...a necessary evil.

There is a 90mm sleeved block in the classifieds section...*hint*

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yea, but mega low compression. I have no use for a trailer queen. To take full advantage of the block I'd have to run a lot of boost. I wouldn't want all that lag and none of the power lol. I'm leaning towards a Benson 10:1 block I can run all motor now, then later if I'm in the mood for boost I have that option. Also I'm torque limited to 300-350ft-lbs because of my expensive trans. Wouldn't want to blow it up. I didn't build it with straight cut gears.

Comment

Duuuuuuuuude,

I'm really sorry to check on your thread and see this junk happening to you right now. I must say, though, that the trans is looking real pretty.

I just went on Hmotors and found this: http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30029

and this: http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30029
                            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Being in automotive engineering you probably have a wealth of knowledge you could put to use rebuilding it.
                              Should be a lot of fun too.
                              Apart from the money spending, I guess

Comment

I don't know engine building better than a builder and I've only built one race engine before. I have done tons of research and minored I fluids mechanics using engines as my projects, but I know a lot less than a shop who builds and races H22s. My knowledge and experience is south vehicle dynamics. Which I will apply over time.

Comment

Working...
                                X