No announcement yet.

Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, I'm currently deployed until January, so won't be touching the car for a bit. Also wife wanted to go back to school so money is a little tight. I'm planning on working on stripping the interior when I get back though. And brainstorming more on the rocker arm issue. This is a very, very slow build lol
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I can definitely see what you were saying about the blizzwing looking similar on the ends. I also envy your cam gears. I wish I had bought myself a set back when they were still in production.

Comment

So just a little reminder for myself and something I discovered for others. After looking at water pumps for the accord, I noticed people where commenting on how the water pump worked well for their 99 honda accord lx. So I went to Majestic to compare part numbers and low and behold they are the same part number.

19200-P0A-003
        So good news is this part wont be going anywhere anytime soon. Wasn't sure where I could put this so I decided to put it in here.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Are you still out in Jacksonville?

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PHIL View Post
            Are you still out in Jacksonville?
            Yep. I'll be here for another 2 years until the navy sends me somewhere else again.
            ~Nick~

Comment

Looks like your finally doing the water pump and timing belt soon. Did you finally get the rocker arm that was stuck, unstuck? Glad to see your working on this again.
              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                Looks like your finally doing the water pump and timing belt soon. Did you finally get the rocker arm that was stuck, unstuck? Glad to see your working on this again.
                Hey Will,
                So I went to autozone to see if they had a water pump for the accord and all their water pumps have 20 teeth. I checked 3 different brands. Are we sure that part number that I posted above is 19 teeth and not 20. They bumped the price it so I want to make sure it is a smaller gear before I pull the trigger.

I attempted to pull one at the junkyard but 105 degrees killed me and I had to stop. I tried looking for the part number on the water pump I have and can't seem to find where it's stamped. I may call Honda and ask if they can see how many teeth the gear has.

Also as for the rocker arm I haven't dug any deeper yet. Work and now a kid on the way has been keeping me side tracked. Honestly I am not sure where to go with it. I replaced the rocker arm, the seat that the rocker arm sits in and the camshaft itself. The only thing I haven't replaced is the cam cap holder. I don't think the head is warped but I could be wrong.
                ~Nick~

Comment

I'm going to Honda tomorrow about a few other things. I'll try and remember to ask if they have a water pump on hand just to check.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

So I found the part number for the f22b water pump which has 19 teeth on it. 19200-PT2-013A. However, after doing some research I found looking at other members threads as well as my old build thread I used the same water pump and 95 GSR belt. I looked at the measurements of the GSR belt and compared it to the gates racing belt I have currently. Both are the same length and same teeth, so I am not sure why the belt is walking off the cam gears.

The only thing I can think of is the thickness(width wise) of the Bisimoto Cam gears. Im half tempted to put on the f22b cam gears and seeing if it walks at all.

I am just running into some weird issues and the people who have done this before no longer sign on regularly.
                    ~Nick~

Comment

Nick,

Some notes I took from the JDM F20A DOHC non-VTEC engine/AT swap I did for CB7Sleeper whose setup I transferred to BBuncky, after CB7sleeper wrecked his shell. There are similarities with this F20A DOHC and your engine. Hope this helps.

- F20A water pump 19 teeth (Honda P/N 19200-PT2-013A), F22ax 20 teeth.
                      - Water pump gear, 7 timing belt teeth fully engaged.
                      - F20A timing gear 17 teeth, F22ax timing gear 20 teeth.
                      - Timing gear, 10 timing belt teeth fully engaged.
                      - Compared H23, F22ax and F20A water pumps. The H23 body/gasket is larger & bolt holes do not line up with F22ax or F20A. I confirmed what I read, F22ax body/gasket is same and bolt holes line up with F20A. However, F20A has 19 teeth (same gear as H23) and F22ax has 20 teeth (same body as F20A). Basically the F20A water pump is an F22ax body with H23 gear on it.

- F20A timing gear (17 teeth) has smaller O.D. than F22ax timing gear (20 teeth).
                      - Can not use F22ax timing gear on F20A oil pump. T-belt interference at bottom of crankshaft (oil pump built-in belt shield).
                      Last edited by HondaFan81; 07-23-2016, 12:34 AM.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

More info...think I got what you need here. Used the Caravan Timing belt below, best fit, physical timing and ignition timing on point. Used F20A water pump, since H23 and F22ax are not same, based on post above. Have tons more info, but easier to send by email if you need.

Valve lash .003-.004" INT / .006-.007" EXH.
                        Use F20A water pump & F20A timing belt.

"JDM F20a DOHC Timing Belt:
                        Teeth: 126
                        Width: 0.95 in
                        Length: 47.25 in"

RESEARCH
                        "94-01 Integra GSR (B18C1) Timing Belt:
                        Width: 1.03 in
                        Length: 47.25 in" Too wide, interferes with balance shaft belt. Do not use.

"92-96 Prelude Si (H23) Timing Belt:
                        Teeth: 127
                        Length: 47.64 in"
                        Too loose with F22ax water pump/F20A timing gear. Physical timing off as well.

"88 Dodge Caravan 2.5L Timing Belt:
                        Length: 47.25 in"
                        Both belts are same dimension and work with F20A water pump on F20A engine.

Timing Belt - 88 Dodge Caravan 2.5L equivalent
                        GATORBACK # 40132 $27.99 (Autozone/Oreilly)
                        DAYCO # 95132 $19.99 (Advance Auto)
                        GATES # T132 $23.99 (Oreillys Auto)
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Hey Cisco, so what I am reading from above, you used the F20A timing gear and pump with the Caravan belt. The only reason you didn't use the GSR belt is for the fact that it is too wide and interfered with the balance shaft belt correct? However, I did a balance shaft delete and am no longer running the balance shafts, so this is not an issue for my set up.

Would the width of the GSR belt be the cause of the timing belt walking off? Also If I was to use the F20a pump, I'm assuming this would throw off the timing because it ha more teeth engaged than the f22a pump.

Also thank you for the info, all this does help as well.
                          ~Nick~

Comment

Dont know how i missed this but just went through the thread. Really like how your cleaning up the bay. Engine build is coming along nicely look forward to the turbo stuff!

Comment

Thanks man. It's a very slow project. Hopefully one day I'll finish this build.
                              ~Nick~

Comment

Well I finally got the head to the shop and they fixed the valve seats (Hopefully). At least from the measurements I've taken, it seems they are sitting the same as the other valves. I wont be able to tell until I go to do the valve lash adjustments. I bolted the head back on the block last night and plan to work on it some more this coming week. Stay tuned for pics, even though they will pretty much be the same as before.

If anyone near the Jacksonville area has a header they aren't using and would like to get rid of, I would gladly take it off your hands. I plan to run the set up N/A initially to do the engine break-in, and finish working all the kinks out from the wire tuck and from sitting stagnate for 6 plus years.
                                ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                                X