CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Image Gallery

Old 10-04-2018, 06:20 AM   #21
dr manhattan
Newcomer

dr manhattan is cool... so far.
Any guesses?

Yes, I am getting rid of the cat aka engine choking device. I thought about selling it, but I'll keep it in case I regret it later on.

I was really surprised by how nice this test pipe looks. not too bad for just $25 bucks.

2.5" inlet and outlet diameter

Just waiting on one more part that's supposedly arriving today. Stay *Tuned* for more
dr manhattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:22 PM   #22
dr manhattan
Newcomer

Update on everything so far...

got the new ECU in the mail

ordered a P28, received P06. doesn't matter, still satisfied.

Beware of emotional moment coming up: details on the chip below. I always wanted to attend a car meet. More so, it was one on my dreams since I started to works on cars, to have 2-step on my car. Street Night Takeover was going to happen in a few weeks a couple of blocks from where I live. That was the main reason I ordered this ecu. Thanks to the cb7tuner community (Moderators on this site may be harsh on you sometimes, but it's always for the better of your CB ) thanks to FaceTuned on eBay for helping me with the tune. I message around 10 or so "tuners" and none of them knew how to do ignition cut on the tune

side note: An adjustable 3-step is just like a normal 2-step. The only difference is that it can be done at any rpm after the base rpm. My base rpm is 3k, if I hold the throttle at 3k or over, and floor it, it will activate.

]

Side by side comparison of the stock tb vs the 70mm.

[IMG][/IMG]

Found out that it doesn't fit my manifold. Will have to start looking for an h23 i/m.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:36 PM   #23
dr manhattan
Newcomer

In the attempt to replace the exhaust manifold gasket, I broke the front bolt and had a big exhaust leak.

Ordered this one from Amazon. Not much of an improvement, more of a replacement.

Took the stock one off. Time for a little cleaning on the block.

Much better now

Final result

color, a few days later.

Note to anyone replacing their manifold with this kind of e/m. Here is the problem and the solution:

You have to remove the cat or the downpipe will hit it. the downpipe must be able to move forward and back. Fail to do this step will result in having a leak between the header and the downpipe.

Also, the header needs to be bolted to the downpipe first. The order is the header to the downpipe, then bolt it to the head, and finally to the cat.

I chased that leak for some minutes and had to take them off a couple of times. Every time I put it back on, the leak persisted, until I did it in that order. So, I'm speaking from experience here.

I took some actions to stop the leak but the silicone melted.

This gap was the problem.

View My Video
Old 10-26-2018, 11:55 PM   #24
MOGOTP
Newcomer

MOGOTP is cool... so far.
Nice work That's a pretty clean bay!

I have a question. The P06 that you received, was it pre-tuned with the base map and those features that were shown? I am lost when it comes to tuning an ECU. Thanks
MOGOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:01 AM   #25
Storm84
Newcomer

Storm84 is cool... so far.
Wow

Nice score!
Storm84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:47 AM   #26
dr manhattan
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOGOTP View Post
Nice work That's a pretty clean bay!

I have a question. The P06 that you received, was it pre-tuned with the base map and those features that were shown? I am lost when it comes to tuning an ECU. Thanks
Thank you!

There are several sellers on ebay that sell chipped ecu or provide chipping services. You can buy your virgin ecu elsewhere and send it to them so they can chip it. Yes, the one I ordered was pre tuned. They ask you to list the mods that you have done to your car and go from there. The nice thing about it, is that if you ever need another tune, you can just buy another chip (around $30) and swap the one in your ecu.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:31 AM   #27
Storm84
Newcomer

Nice pipe!
Old 11-05-2018, 07:40 AM   #28
Storm84
Newcomer

Wow

Nice score! Good thing it's manual, I used to own an automatic Honda Accord and it had the worst fuel consumption. The transmission was also problematic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: