Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Finally joined the family!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally joined the family!

So i have always loved the 4th gen accord even since high school (damn near 10 years ago... wtf man!) and been through a bunch of other cars along the way but none that I've been in love with. First car was a 96 Saturn SL2 then a white 86 Cadillac Sendan DeVille then a 9* Mazda Protege. Daily driver lately has been shared between my girlfriend and I and that was a 2011 Camry. I was looking for a DD commuter when i found a 1992 Accord EX Coupe for sale on craigslist. She was advertised as being bone stock never had anything done to it besides regular maintenance and repairs as needed to the interior and sound system. SWEET! #SUCH DEALZ!

I message the guy at 6am to go check out the car, make sure I'm first in that line as it had just been posted a few hours before I had seen the listing on CL. Get a message right back letting me know where to see the car later that day when I got off work. 3pm rolls around and I head over to the shop where the car is at to take a look. I already knew the car was in good condition from the photos on CL so I have a pretty good idea as to what I was gonna get and I was really looking forward to seeing it in person. We pull up and she's sitting on the side of this garage looking even better than I had hoped. No rust spots, original rims, brand new tires... Hell yes! time to wheel and deal.

I walk in and ask for the guy who owns the car and he takes me outside and we start it up. Everything sounds great, nice smooth idle, great sounding little Honda engine. Interior is in amazing condition new dash replaced with a black one and front seats were replaced because the leather cracked. I get to talking with the guy about why he was selling it; so figures he's a mechanic so he did repairs on this car that he had originally bought for his son who always wanted a 4th gen Accord but as it turns out, can't drive stick (womp womp) so he's buying him a 240SX instead.

Great deal here! Guy did all the maintenance so that it'd be ready for his kid and this car has $1500 in repairs and maintenance done to it already and im buying for $2k. New tires, new pads and rotors, new master cyl, new plugs, wires and distributor, new radiator and hoses, new injectors, and fresh oil change.... shit's awesome!! all the electronics work windows work, AC Blows Cold, Heat works, Sunroof opens I got an amazing deal.

I've had this car for just under a month and I love it. a few things that i need to look into, she runs a little rich so Im going to replace the fuel pressure regulator and see if that helps me get a little better MPGs as im hovering around 16 right now. not bad for commuting seeing as I only drive about 5mi, but I'd like to keep as much as I can get. I figure at 208k miles if it hasnt been replaced might as well do it just because, and do the fuel filter while im at it.

Welcome. Sounds like a good deal. What part of the country?

Don't just throw a fuel pressure regulator at it, check the pressure first to see if it is a problem. I'd say it is more likely to need an O2 sensor than the fuel pressure regulator - if you do replace the sensor, don't use a Bosch, get a Denso. Make sure timing is correct, check the air filter, make sure it is getting to proper operating temperature. Do you know if he checked compression? A stock Accord should get at leat mid 20s MPG for mixed driving.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
    X