Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: OEM Fog Light installation (USDM 9293, others similar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i havent had time to make a members ride page so here is a recent pic of my setup at night. its a little blurry but if u need more info or pics feel free to ask

mauricio
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by VRDrvr
      Thanks cpmike ....I think the 9091 would be easier mainly due to the "cutout" is kinda already there.

example pic:

Mike, how would you rate this install...based off someone with common wiring knowledge etc. (basically the hardest thing to date I have done has been brakes and 5th gen lip install )
      I did mine in about an hour. The hardest thing was removing the bumper for the first time. I had OEM wiring, but I'm sure its just as easy as aftermarket. I just used a razor to cut out the black pieces under the bumper light, then it just screws in. Its so simple, but an awesome mod. Any more questions, just ask.

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
        now correct me if i'm wrong here but i heard there is a template or outline on the backside of the bumper to show where it needs to be cut for the foglights. did the bumper have this? do all bumpers have this (USDM and JDM)?

great DIYer! i might just have to cop a set .
        i took my bumper off and saw the outline. it is confirmed that there IS an outline/template on the backside of the bumper. here are some pics showing it. it might be hard to see but it is there, trust me. mike, maybe you do have an aftermarket bumper .

Last edited by timmy0tool; 10-26-2004, 08:16 PM.
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

great DIY, been waitin for it
          also timmy that link isnt accessible for non imagestation users

Comment

actually at first glance we looked and were like BAH theres no outline... but at closer look, yeah, its definately there, but very faint. its kinda a double dotted line. ill add that to the first page of the DIY.

and side note, theres also the outline for the oval fogs

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
              and side note, theres also the outline for the oval fogs
              yup.. i was looking at my friends old stock front bumper and saw the oval fogs and the OEM fogs.
              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

I am about to do mine so I will post pics when done.
                "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

alright people help me out here? im confused by this whole thing, not how to do it, but i see alot of people out there with the fog lights. do most peeps do it themsleves? like here or do they have jdm bumper or canadian bumper? cause i thought the jdm have the fog lights. and what foglights do people use? r the lights from jdm bumper foglights or what. please give me an insight cause i wanna kjnow so i can do this diy in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by aznguysli
                    alright people help me out here? im confused by this whole thing, not how to do it, but i see alot of people out there with the fog lights. do most peeps do it themsleves? like here or do they have jdm bumper or canadian bumper? cause i thought the jdm have the fog lights. and what foglights do people use? r the lights from jdm bumper foglights or what. please give me an insight cause i wanna kjnow so i can do this diy in the near future.
                    the foglights were a factory option back when the cars were produced in the early 90's, so the foglights that you see installed in this guide are actual OEM honda foglights that were produced for hte cb7. they were more common on the 90 and 91's, but for some reason, not too many people got the foglights with the 92 and 93s, so it makes them pretty damn hard to find in junkyards, and they have been discontinued for years so no dealers have any in stock. if you come across a set, youre lucky... and if you do, youre gonna need to install them yourself... and thats what this guide is for. side note, the 90 and 91 foglights were different from the 92 and 93 ones- so they are NOT interchangeable.

if you ever see some random grandma driving an accord with stock foglights, chances are they were installed from the factory.

japan had the same option, but i think they were a little more common over there. the foglights over in japan were basically the same as their US versions, except the curvature of the lens was a little different. i guess this small difference is enough to make people want to spend lots of money to get them.

Current cars:

Comment

do the 9091 foglights go flush with the signal lights? when I look at Accordwarriors foglights, it looks like his are in further or is that how it's suppose to look?

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                        the foglights were a factory option back when the cars were produced in the early 90's, so the foglights that you see installed in this guide are actual OEM honda foglights that were produced for the cb7..............................
                        if you ever see some random grandma driving an accord with stock foglights, chances are they were installed from the factory.
                        Not quite. At least for the U.S. market, oem foglights were a dealer installed option only. The proof is in the pudding: http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=A0...D5FC4E1B3F1B63

I scanned and .pdf'd the oem accesory brochure guide that I picked up from Honda in 1992. Enjoy!

Comment

THE 92-93 oem template

Well I decided to not join the two images of the scanned template together, because they are too long to fit on a 8.5x11 piece of paper. So, here are the two separate scans that I made of my template. I marked a line across the template so that the two pieces could be rejoined later.

Enjoy!

http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=5B...54E2BB4AEFB577

http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1F...3BF8C00D7F331B

Comment

Originally posted by Genki
                            do the 9091 foglights go flush with the signal lights? when I look at Accordwarriors foglights, it looks like his are in further or is that how it's suppose to look?
                            Mine are OEM USDM fogs with normal bumper lights. My lights do not sit flush with the turn signals. They were not designed to. Kinda sucks actually, and I wish they were flush. If you look at Ronald Type R's car, you can see the same thing. Now, on the JDM 90-91 Foglights, the glass IS curved, thus making it sit flush, which is why a lot of people prefer the 90-91 JDM fogs. I kinda half want a set myself, but at the same rate, I spent a lot of money getting those.

Hope that helps.

Comment

mike, what type of screws did you guys use to hold down the lights? self-tapping screws? OEM honda screws? do you know the size exactly? i want to make sure i have all the parts before i take off my bumper and start the install.

also, do you know what wire is which on the OEM switch harness? thanks in advance.
                              1cor10:31
                              - 92 LX coupe
                              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

im gonna have to check a couple things and ill let u know about the switch wiring.

we used black screws, similar to the ones holding the grille on. they came with mauricio's fogs so im guessing they were the OEM ones. i guess you could substitute grille screws or even those black screws that hold the interior together.

they have wide threads and a point, the bumper plastic is soft and they just self-tapped and gripped in.

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X