Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

okay i unbolted the exhaust from the axle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay i unbolted the exhaust from the axle...

will this put stress on the motor even though there is alot of pipe..my muffler unbolts at the rear axle an then at the cat but i unbolted it at the axle...but anyways is this gonna put stress on the motor?
    keepin it sohc!!!

no stress, just a loud sound. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

why did u unbolt it?

Comment

i am with 93accord on this one, why would you do this? there is no benefit to this if anything your car just became loud as hell.
        H22 Swapped

Comment

Been watching too many fake videos saying "unbolted exhaust"...

Depending on the weather outside, this could cause serious damage to the valvetrain. While cold air can and does travel up the exhaust system when the car is shut off, by the time it makes it to the head, the valvetrain has started cooling to the point the air outside has little effect on it.. The shorter the exhaust, the less time it takes it to get there, which could have adverse effects on the parts...Just my .02, bolt your exhaust back up.

Comment

I never considered that before... interesting!

Comment

theres no reason to unbolt your exhaust.

well now you could tell your friends that you lost 50 hp.
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                theres no reason to unbolt your exhaust.

well now you could tell your friends that you lost 50 hp.
                I wouldn't go as far as to say lost Horsepower, more along the lines of transfered Torque into Horsepower... They generally don't lose the power, just move it elsewhere.. It is enough to change the feel of the power curve.. But I wouldn't be able to tollerate the volume, nor want to try my luck with the police, just for the effect it has on power placement...

Comment

well once i was racing a golf with my stock rusted system, and all of the sudden half of the exhaust drops, and pretty much half of my torque was all gone.
                  miss my turbo cb7
                  moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                    well once i was racing a golf with my stock rusted system, and all of the sudden half of the exhaust drops, and pretty much half of my torque was all gone.

Yea, it can sometimes be a pretty dramatic change... In most of my experiance, gains could be felt in the mid-high power range, seemingly cclimbing both in RPM's and MPH's far faster than normal, but not feeling as torque happy like usual... Give and Take kinda thing, but either way, its definately not worth doing haha...

Comment

well i actually unbolted it to try to see if my friends axle back would match up to my accord and sort of liked the sound of it off cause my car has a long ass resonator in it..bought the car that way..but i drove it around the block and noticed it sort of drag in low rpm and it got annoying cause it was dronin when i was cruisin...long story short i put it on and im now savin up for a nice exhaust..no fart can..
                      keepin it sohc!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacH22
                        Been watching too many fake videos saying "unbolted exhaust"...

Depending on the weather outside, this could cause serious damage to the valvetrain. While cold air can and does travel up the exhaust system when the car is shut off, by the time it makes it to the head, the valvetrain has started cooling to the point the air outside has little effect on it.. The shorter the exhaust, the less time it takes it to get there, which could have adverse effects on the parts...Just my .02, bolt your exhaust back up.

well here in tennessee its still 80 degress..and i was tryin out my friends axle back..and i was askin because my dad said that it could burn up your valves over time ..but idk im jus a kid lol
                        keepin it sohc!!!

Comment

there is a reason why you have a muffler......its called backpressure
                          1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                          2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

yea i kno lol
                            keepin it sohc!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DjM_coupe
                              there is a reason why you have a muffler......its called backpressure
                              Backpressure is bad, exhaust velocity is what you want. Piping that is too big can cause a drop in power because the fumes aren't being scavenged as well, i.e. there is not enough velocity to prevent reversion or disruption of flow. Having a piping size too small just restricts flow and also loses power. Maintaining a balance between velocity and having a non restrictive exhaust is key.
                              Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                              Project 240SX
                              Originally posted by chillin943
                              anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                              Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Working...
                              X