Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1.5" drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.5" drop

can anyone post a pic of a cb that are 1.5" drop?

That's the perfect drop for ur cb7, although mine is "2. A pic won't do it justice unless it has the same size rims and tires u plan on getting, b/c the wheels will raise it back up.
    MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
    If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Thats about how low I want mine. I also would like to see a picture and what suspension setup you run.

afterhours.fm

Comment

1.5" is barely noticeable. With quality stuff, it's not a bad drop, though.

Comment

i've been told that 1.5 is barely noticeable but my only concern is getting rid of the gap with a 205/40/17

Comment

Get 205/45/17.

1.5" will help. I had 1.8 in the front and 1.5 in the rear a while ago.

Comment

The member who goes by the name pocb7 comes to mind.

Click here for his MR thread.

"17X7 4.114.3 JDM AME CIRCLAR WHEELS"
              "TOKICO SPRING+SHOCKS COMBO 1.5" DROP"

Pretty sweet look if you ask me. Perfect drop, not too high... not slammed.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

I run 215/45/17's on a 2 inch drop, and I'm almost rubbing... Also cuz the offset of my wheels are +38.

A two inch drop is good; I don't think 1.5 is enough, considering how much wheel-gap CB7's have.

Comment

I'm looking into a 1.5" drop also simply because I live in downtown Seattle and we have manholes, potholes, and road construction galore so I don't feel like crawling ovr every obstacle I come to, you know??

Comment

My sugguestion is 1.8" in the front and 1.5" in the rear..... For bumpy areas

My Wagon is 2" in the Front and 1.5" in the rear

My Accord 4dr in 2.5" Front & 2" Rear

Comment

I am on Tein S-Tech's, and stock shocks/struts. It is a noticable drop from behind the wheel or riding anywhere in the car.

The S-Tech springs allow for a 2.09" drop up front and a 1.69" drop in the rear.. It will not give you the slammed look but, you won't have to worry as much about if you are going to scrape or not..

I have had my S-Tech's for about 2.5 months now, I have only scraped one time and that was in Downtown KC during rush hour traffic on a steep incline. If I wouldn't of been in traffic I could have approached at a slight angle and avioded the scrape but, it was only underside of my muffler that barely scraped.

My setup is the Tein S-Tech Springs, Stock shocks/struts, on stock 14" steelies with hubcaps, 185/50 R14 MICHELIN X-Radial tires

A few pics:

More pics throughout my members ride thread, LINK in my signature below..

If you do decide to go with a similar setup, you can always find S-Tech's floating around Ebay. Just be sure that you visit TEIN's website and read over the notice about counterfeit springs on ebay. They are pretty easy to spot and I have not seen any Counterfeit Tein's in a while.. Later

Comment

Well here is my old setup sprint blues. 2.25" on stock struts

So raise that a bit and you got 1.8.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                        X