Radio/Clock issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio/Clock issue.

My Radio recieves no power. The connection on the harness is fine, as well as the fuse on the radio. The clock is off, but comes on when you press the button on the top right. While holding this, you can set the time. However once released, power goes off. When pressed again, It goes back to 1:00. the fuse under the hood for backup/radio is good.

Any suggestions? Im stumped.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

check your kick panel fuse.

radio has two fuses. one in car and one in the hood.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

sounds more like something internal is wrong with the clock as it seams you have 12v with the ignition off.
      FA1

Comment

It's not working with the ignition off, but the problem started with the radio and the clock at the exact same time, when the radio stopped working so did the clock. I also checked all the fuses and all seem to be ok, although I didn't see a radio fuse listed in the kick panel fuse box, is it under any other title on the fuse diagram?

Comment

Originally posted by rob_is_legend View Post
          It's not working with the ignition off, but the problem started with the radio and the clock at the exact same time, when the radio stopped working so did the clock. I also checked all the fuses and all seem to be ok, although I didn't see a radio fuse listed in the kick panel fuse box, is it under any other title on the fuse diagram?
          try antenna fuse. if i remember correctly. it should be an 10 amp fuse.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

I checked every single fuse in the kick panel, and they are all ok.

Comment

I agree with '2.2litrebeater': replace the clock, it sounds like something is internally wrong with it.
              1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
              C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
              MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
              ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
              You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

Okay then. I will try a new clock. How do I go about removing the clock from the dash?

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...removing+clock

Comment

I checked every single fuse under the hood and in the kick panel for the 3rd time today. I also replaced the clock. Neither of these adjustments solved my problem.

Now what.... MY only guess is somehow during the movement of putting my cd player back in a wire was either pulled out of a plug or came loose at a splice. Any idea where to look for wires that affect both the clock and cd player?

Comment

anyone? I just drove 4 hours at night with no radio. I made it fine,but I can only go so long in that car with nothing but the sound of my exhuast roaring.

Comment

Maybe a grounding issue? I'm having a similar problem with my clock. I'll be driving along, my clock will reset to 1:00. Sometimes if I get on it, it happens too. But, I believe my issue is a grounding issue. It was working fine before the motor swap, now, not so much. But, my stereo doesn't reset, so, I'm not sure??

Comment

Im about 90% sure it is the main yellow wire on the wiring harness for my clock/radio.

Does anyone know if there is an in line fuse on this wire or something? Ive checked teh radio, and its still functional. I used a volt meter on the wiring harness in a friends car and got 12 volts on yellow wire grounded, and then in my car i got 0.5 volts.

any help would be a godsend.

Comment

Did you fix the problem? I'm having the same issue my yellow battery wire on the radio harness has no power and all my fuses check out ok
                            93 ex sedan
                            automatic

Comment

It almost sounds like you may have a break in the wire. I don't believe there is an inline fuse on the yellow wire, other than at the fuse panel.

I figured out the deal with my clock, it's dead. It'll keep time, from time to time. The wife got in my car one morning, said she started it, drove about a mile before the clock came on at all. So, time to find a new clock, I reckon

Comment

Working...
                              X