1971 Plymouth Fury III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1971 Plymouth Fury III

Long story short, I watched the classic movie "The Blues Brothers" a few days ago, and seeing the '74 dodge sedan blues mobile got me thinking. I remember when I was much younger ( birth to 9 yrs. old) when I went to my grandmothers, there was always this huge landyacht of a car sitting under the carport.

Well today I went with a friend of mine to look at the car. (av6g6). The interior is in amazing shape, no tears anywhere on the seats. It has a 360 v8. Its a sedan, and my god is it a big car. I couldnt stop grinning just thinking of the potential of that car. I talked to my old man about it today, and he said if I could get it running (hasn't been moved since 2000) that the car can be mine. With some cleaning and buffing, the original paint would shine like brand new. Thre is no telling how many years it has been covered sitting up under the carport.

I said all of that to say this, what do yall think about this idea? Hopefully by draining the tank, new oil, and new coolant I might be able to get her to turn over. With a simple tune-up, there is a possibility of having her back on the road. Its a beast of a car, and you just don't see them anymore. I don't have pictures yet, but I will soon. In the meantime, your opinions (or pictures you happen to find) are welcome to be posted.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

I used go own a 68 sport fury 111 , it was huge. 19.5 feet bumper to bumper, and it was only a 2 door lol. It had a 318 in it was fun to drive , lowered it 3 inchs . It was big, ugly, low, and gold, called it the ghetto sled.

Looking forward to seeing pictures. Here's a good web forum for mopars I used to be a member of when I was into mopars . I've owned 7 different mopars, still love them , just can't afford the ones I want.
    http://www.moparts.com/
    needing a new project got rid of bagged S10 going back to Honda's

Comment

what do these even look like i cant say ive ever heard of them.. u got pics of the car ur trying to restore?
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Thats what you call a slab. Everybody calls my wagon the slab because its big and heavy.

Fix or ban.

Comment

Originally posted by chile View Post
            thanks for the pic. Just imagine two more doors on this bish. I have to get it running.

Comment

Comment

Yea, thats more along the lines of it. The grill on the 2-door is whats on my 4-door though. And the car is green in color.

Comment

Working...
                X