No announcement yet.

Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pistol for now. I'm looking at something for personal protection. I'm not a hunter so I don't think a rifle or shotgun would be what I'm looking for right now, but I won't exclude them either.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      pistol For Now.
      Glock

Comment

I like glocks because they go bang everytime and there are no safeties. The compact ones feel a lot better in my hands than the full size. The S&W hands are nice also but sometimes need some things done to them to make them better.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Pistol for now. I'm looking at something for personal protection. I'm not a hunter so I don't think a rifle or shotgun would be what I'm looking for right now, but I won't exclude them either.
          Originally posted by floored View Post
          Glock
          Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
          I like glocks because they go bang everytime and there are no safeties. The compact ones feel a lot better in my hands than the full size. The S&W hands are nice also but sometimes need some things done to them to make them better.
          Glock 19

17 is standard size, 19 is compact and 26 is sub-compact. All have 5.5lb trigger, all are available in Gen 4,

I would look at the 19 and 26 for conceal carry.

9mm or .40 is for you to decide. I prefer a 9mm. The .40 has more recoil and takes more effort to keep on target, I'd rather find something in a .45 if I was going to go for firepower. IMO a .40 has more recoil than a .45. I don't like a .40. That's just me.

Here they have ranges where you can pay to try out firearms to see what you want/need. If you have something like that in your area I would highly advise it.
          Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-29-2014, 06:32 PM.

Comment

S&w or Springfield compact if you get the right one they're the same as glocks as far as safeties go. I love my xd subcompact. Never been to fond of the shields or xds. They're slimmer sure but a single stack mag isn't to appealing to me.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
              S&w or Springfield compact if you get the right one they're the same as glocks as far as safeties go. I love my xd subcompact. Never been to fond of the shields or xds. They're slimmer sure but a single stack mag isn't to appealing to me.
              I had an Springfield XD40 compact and it was my favorite gun I ever owned. I now carry a Sig P238 .380 but I am awaiting to buy another Springfield to replace that.

Comment

Mine is also a .40. The grip was a little small for my hand (pinky hung off the bottom) but a pearce extension took care of that issue without adding to much to the size.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post

Here they have ranges where you can pay to try out firearms to see what you want/need. If you have something like that in your area I would highly advise it.
                  Same here. Both of our indoor ranges will rent you anything you want to shoot. It's pretty cheap to, around $10-$15 if I remember correctly. You just have to buy the ammo.

Comment

My XD-M .40 is my SHTF sidearm. Favorite handgun.
                    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Just went to the gun store...the guy recommended a Glock 19. I'd probably get the 9mm for accuracy, but I'd rather try out both. It's gotta be some rental place here in Atlanta, shouldn't be too hard to find.

They also had a S&W 500 Magnum...it's just overkill.
                      Last edited by sonikaccord; 07-29-2014, 09:59 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Just went to the gun store...the guy recommended a Glock 19. I'd probably get the 9mm for accuracy, but I'd rather try out both. It's gotta be some rental place here in Atlanta, shouldn't be too hard to find.

They also had a S&W 500 Magnum...it's just overkill.

Glock 19 is awesome. My first Glock.

My GFs brother has a .460. It's a hand cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                          My XD-M .40 is my SHTF sidearm. Favorite handgun.
                          I bought my custom XDM .45 3.8 from PRP.

Truglow yellow/green sights, stainless slide, CC trigger. Love my XDM, my favorite pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
                            S&W has a slide safety doesn't it? like a 1911? and the springfieldhas a grip safety. Glock has neither of those.

If I was to get a glock I would get the .40 spend alittle extra get a 9mm conversion barrel and have best of both worlds. That's what I did with my wifes G27...

Comment

For whatever this is worth. The Kahr pm9 is my daily, Glock27 is my wife's. And the colt new agent 3in is for a fun rotating piece or for double duty.

For fun.

Last edited by phatdoughnut; 07-29-2014, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X