CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > DIYs > Interior DIYs

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 02:38 AM   #21
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire
oh... and the lexus door sill garnishes i linked up earlier... ;D If someone can figure out how to make the door sill illuminate? OH GAD. that'd be AWESOME.

maybe... wire up an led strip underneath the tape??? somewhere??? something. it looks good in my head ;D but i can't quite figure out the method right now haha, in regards to bringing the wire all the way to the door sill garnish.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #22
cb7inct
CB7tuner Member

cb7inct is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to cb7inct Send a message via Yahoo to cb7inct
Quote:
Originally Posted by P5ylance View Post
ok i have an idea for the light... in the early/mid 90's oldmobiles... like the ciera or w.e in the door pannels over the window buttons there a little light that lights up the buttons... what if you take that and cut the part on the door garnish that goes down.. like in the bend part... ugh its hard to explain.... like its a very small light that is on the door panel of the ciera that looks like its the right size to go just above the 90degree angle in the door garnish... ima try to find a picture of the door panel but let me know if u know what im talking about lol i feel like a complete moron..
cb7inct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #23
vietkid_2006
Contributing Member

vietkid_2006 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to vietkid_2006 Send a message via MSN to vietkid_2006 Send a message via Yahoo to vietkid_2006
I think they actually have these for our coupes. I think i saw someone had them long time ago when i signed up and been looking for them eversince. and they're JDM.
vietkid_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:02 AM   #24
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7inct View Post
ok i have an idea for the light... in the early/mid 90's oldmobiles... like the ciera or w.e in the door pannels over the window buttons there a little light that lights up the buttons... what if you take that and cut the part on the door garnish that goes down.. like in the bend part... ugh its hard to explain.... like its a very small light that is on the door panel of the ciera that looks like its the right size to go just above the 90degree angle in the door garnish... ima try to find a picture of the door panel but let me know if u know what im talking about lol i feel like a complete moron..
@cb7inct: I can KINDAAA picture it, not quite, I got up to the light part that lights up the window switches, tryin' to figure out how you're thinking about how to put it on the garnish... MS Paint that shizzz!

@vietkid_2006: WHAAA!? mad rareee! to actually see a picture of one would be awesome. just to see it, hahaha
Old 02-25-2010, 01:27 AM   #25
The-Gr8-Ox
CB7tuner Member

The-Gr8-Ox is cool... so far.
very nice man, great job, i might consider doing this someday!
The-Gr8-Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:54 AM   #26
91_CB7_Sedan
CB7tuner Member

91_CB7_Sedan is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to 91_CB7_Sedan
Why not cut completely through the garnish, to where you see the metal door sill, so therefore you would have enought clearence for the tape/light combo. It would be easy to illuminate the H emblems that are on the grill, b/c they are clear plastic thats been painted. Sandpaper will take off the old paint leaving the outsides of the H clear, and then you can put a LED strip or something under it and the H would show whatever color, and the lights underneath it would shine whatever color you got them in.

Just my 2 cents.

-Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli2k View Post
White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p
91_CB7_Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:18 AM   #27
TheNextEpisode
CB7tuner Member

TheNextEpisode is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to TheNextEpisode
This is legit.
Cheap and very cool.

TheNextEpisode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #28
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
Why not cut completely through the garnish, to where you see the metal door sill, so therefore you would have enought clearence for the tape/light combo. It would be easy to illuminate the H emblems that are on the grill, b/c they are clear plastic thats been painted. Sandpaper will take off the old paint leaving the outsides of the H clear, and then you can put a LED strip or something under it and the H would show whatever color, and the lights underneath it would shine whatever color you got them in.

Just my 2 cents.

-Aaron
good idea, yeah, if someone's gonna plan on lighting up these sills, they're gonna have to cut somewhere to make room for those LEDs. I didn't cut all the way through because i just wanted the emblem in there, but then i saw lighted door sills and i was like "whaahaaha!?!"

just figuring out a way to secure the badge though would require some thinking, if you cut through the garnish. maybe... cut here and there? like have the LED strip under the garnish, but wherever the LED bulbs are, drill holes in the garnish to reveal them so they shine through. so that you still have the plastic to mount onto, but the LEDs can still light it up?
Old 02-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #29
vietkid_2006
Contributing Member

vietkid_2006 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to vietkid_2006 Send a message via MSN to vietkid_2006 Send a message via Yahoo to vietkid_2006
JDM ones for the CD7 Accords light up green.
vietkid_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #30
TheNextEpisode
CB7tuner Member

It's gonna be a trick to get it to light up as evenly as that Lexus sill on page 1.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #31
wagonkid
CB7tuner Member

wagonkid is cool... so far.
great idea love it
wagonkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #32
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

no one has pics of them on google haha, i just tried searching

yeeeah, it's a good concept, but how are we gonna go about doing it? the best i can think of is something that lights up the outline of the badge, so like LEDs embedded in the garnish around the badge, underneath the badge.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:07 AM   #33
TheNextEpisode
CB7tuner Member

I'm thinking of etching a stencil of the Accord logo on the BACK of a rectangular piece of acrylic.

I'll mask over the letters "Accord," masking and letters both on the back of the acrylic, and paint the rest of the back black. Then I'd take off the masking tape and put tint film over the whole back, probably a couple layers worth.

Then, on the front, I'd lay down another layer of tint film.

I'd cut a matching rectangle out of the door sill and have the acrylic fit there. When the light underneath the acrylic is activated, it would shine through the tint, and the letters Accord would be highlighted, as all other light would be blocked off by the black paint.

The front surface's tint would only serve to make the acrylic look more consistent and translucent.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #34
The-Gr8-Ox
CB7tuner Member

The-Gr8-Ox is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
I'm thinking of etching a stencil of the Accord logo on the BACK of a rectangular piece of acrylic.

I'll mask over the letters "Accord," masking and letters both on the back of the acrylic, and paint the rest of the back black. Then I'd take off the masking tape and put tint film over the whole back, probably a couple layers worth.

I'd cut a matching rectangle out of the door sill and have the acrylic fit there. When the light underneath the acrylic is activated, it would shine through the tint, and the letters Accord would be highlighted, as all other light would be blocked off by the black paint.

The front surface's tint would only serve to make the acrylic look more consistent and translucent.
that would work, you could also try and frost the reverse side and that will help evenly disburse the light too, great thinking!
The-Gr8-Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #35
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextEpisode View Post

THAT is a GREAT idea! I'm diggin' the creativity! and at night it would solve the problem of not being able to really see the emblem/that area where "accord" will be (coupe courtesy door lights don't shine far enough to light em up haha)
Old 02-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #36
cb7inct
CB7tuner Member

cb7inct is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to cb7inct Send a message via Yahoo to cb7inct
it wouldnt be hard to wire lights into them seeing how we got the lights in the door pannels... wire it so it lights up when the door opens.. and i tried finding a picture of the oldsmobile door pannels but nothing... its a little light.. not to bright but just enough that it will light up the accord symbol...
cb7inct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #37
HondAccordMan
CB7tuner Member

HondAccordMan is cool... so far.
absolutely beautiful. Great DIY!

Click for MRT thread
HondAccordMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #38
JaberCB7
CB7tuner Member

JaberCB7 is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to JaberCB7
very nice, badge looks little small but i get the idea....now to find someone that can super size it for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Willey View Post
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
JaberCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:51 AM   #39
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

thanks for all the views, comments and compliments, I really appreciate you all for checkin' out my DIY and discussing possible ways to make it better! wanted to give back to the community that helped me propel my car to be more than what it once was and show how customizable the CB7 can be.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:17 AM   #40
F20A CB7
Contributing Member

F20A CB7 seems to have made some friends! F20A CB7 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz11 View Post
nice A+ for creativity
Ok you know what man. This is just fuckin nice.

Anyone can do this who has a brain.

I love it. I was thinking you can also put Honda in there, so it will say HONDA ACCORD when you open the door, or is that over kill????

To me I like havin no badges on my car so opening the door and having it say, HONDA ACCORD Will be my more of my liking, how ever, ill be doing just accord for now. I have to get a grindin bit for the dremel.

Thanks man. I love diys.
**Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE
F20A CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupe , diy , door , garnish , sill

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: