No announcement yet.

BMW to turbochare police cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a BMW tech and work on this BMW diesel engine, This bitches are fast, the same engine on the 335d. Here the pics Gus

It's nothing new that torque addicted, diesel junkies abroad get all the cool stuff, and now this. BMW just released details on its new 2.0-liter, variable twin turbo diesel engine that is making 204 HP and almost 300 ft.-lbs. of torque. The two-stage turbo system, initially introduced on the 535d, all but eliminates any amount of lag by utilizing a smaller turbo at low engine speeds and a larger snail higher up in the rev range. The result: 147 ft.-lbs. at 1200 RPM and 295 ft.-lbs. of twist at 2000 RPM. Coupled with a lighter aluminum engine block, BMW maintains that a significant increase in fuel efficiency over the outgoing model has been realized.
    Accord Of The Month January 09
    Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
    BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
      Why so UGLY?

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Ford is retiring the Crown Vic, and replacing it with the Police Interceptor (which is really just a car based on the Taurus SHO... so more turbo cops!) GM is going to release the Caprice PPV, and that model will be based on the G8 (Holden Commodore... though the PPV will most likely be based on the longer wheelbase versions... the Caprice and Statesman)
      Im not sure if we'll be sharing cop cars or how it will work, but i know for a fact that once they retire the CrownVic, GM IS getting a contract to put their new cruisers on the street. Not sure if the Chargers will linger and/or Ford will have theirs out as well.

It's going to be dubbed a "Caprice" but the police version will be the 500+hp "Impala" version. It's kinda confusing actually. To the public, it'll be your standard v6 Caprice. If you want the higher, LS-powered version, it'll be called an Impala. But the police version, also LS-powered, will still be the Caprice.

Either way, same body, same Holden design. Just different engines.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
        Why so UGLY?

Im not sure if we'll be sharing cop cars or how it will work, but i know for a fact that once they retire the CrownVic, GM IS getting a contract to put their new cruisers on the street. Not sure if the Chargers will linger and/or Ford will have theirs out as well.

It's going to be dubbed a "Caprice" but the police version will be the 500+hp "Impala" version. It's kinda confusing actually. To the public, it'll be your standard v6 Caprice. If you want the higher, LS-powered version, it'll be called an Impala. But the police version, also LS-powered, will still be the Caprice.

Either way, same body, same Holden design. Just different engines.
        id rather drive the caprice/impala then drive in the SHO Taurus.... We shall see what happens i guess....

Comment

Like i said, the lower-end, v6, models will be the Caprice. The only way you can get an Impala will be in SS form with an LSx v8, pushing at least 400hp. I had heard rumors of the SS getting a 500+ LS motor and/or the PPV also getting that motor, but i think GM is wanting to keep it as "pocket-friendly" as they can, so they'll more than likely be sticking to either a 6.0 v8 or maybe even 3.6 v6.

Im still not sure about this TT-SHO, or a polive version, but we'll see.

As for this BMW TD...i dont know. Foreign cop cars in America will be weird. A good idea, but i dont think it will last.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
            Like i said, the lower-end, v6, models will be the Caprice. The only way you can get an Impala will be in SS form with an LSx v8, pushing at least 400hp. I had heard rumors of the SS getting a 500+ LS motor and/or the PPV also getting that motor, but i think GM is wanting to keep it as "pocket-friendly" as they can, so they'll more than likely be sticking to either a 6.0 v8 or maybe even 3.6 v6.

Im still not sure about this TT-SHO, or a polive version, but we'll see.

As for this BMW TD...i dont know. Foreign cop cars in America will be weird. A good idea, but i dont think it will last.
            It's not the 1st time BMW engine are use in American car for a sample the 1984 Lincoln Mark VII turbo diesel. In 1984, Ford Motor Co. purchased 3,794 BMW 2.4L, 115 hp turbodiesels for the Lincoln Mark VII and Continental. And I check Carbon Motors Corp. web site and it's in Connersville, Indiana
            Last edited by RICHIE*GT35R; 03-31-2010, 03:16 PM.
            Accord Of The Month January 09
            Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
            BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

i want pics!
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
              X