Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stereo shuts off at high volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo shuts off at high volume

What's up guys? Alright I have jvc deck and a 1000watt kicker amp. Everytime I turn the volume up and the bass hits the deck shuts off Ive alredy checked the ground for the amp and its secure. Does anyone why my deck maybe shutting off.

mine does the same thing.......

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
    My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

Originally posted by JNizzle918 View Post
      What's up guys? Alright I have jvc deck and a 1000watt kicker amp. Everytime I turn the volume up and the bass hits the deck shuts off Ive alredy checked the ground for the amp and its secure. Does anyone why my deck maybe shutting off.
      2 reasons. 1) You have loose grounds/connections somewhere associated with the deck or, 2) your drawing too much current. I'd tend to lean towards 1.
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Also when my bass hits the lights dim. But I took the alternator to get checked and I was told it was good. So I should the deck ground wire.

Comment

Also when my bass hits the lights dim. But I took the alternator to get checked and I was told it was good. So I should the deck ground wire.
          Not just the ground, ALL the power connections/junctions that the radio is associated with. Also clean the battery terminals, they could be corroded and interfering with power transfer.

edit... The dimming is normal when your running a 1,000watt amp.

Comment

Could it also be that I'm running the power cable, the remote wire, and the rca wires on the side of the car.

Comment

Could it also be that I'm running the power cable, the remote wire, and the rca wires on the side of the car.
              Not one bit, that will only cause feedback in the speakers that are hooked to the amp.

Comment

Alright ill definitely check all the deck connections. My deck is wired direct to the battery could it be that it has the wrong fuse the fuse holder. I barely found the fuse holder today while I was putting in a new main relay.

Comment

Alright ill definitely check all the deck connections. My deck is wired direct to the battery could it be that it has the wrong fuse the fuse holder. I barely found the fuse holder today while I was putting in a new main relay.
                  Highly doubt it, but it COULD. The fuse should be a 7.5 or a 10, I cant remember for sure.

Comment

Alright Thanks man I really appreciate all your help.

Comment

Alright Thanks man I really appreciate all your help.
                      Np. Let us know what's up with it tomorrow.

Comment

I don't understand why people throw on 1k +hour watt systems, then wonder why their headlights dim, electronics power on/off, or their batteries die quickly.

After 600 watts of rms power a cars stock charging system is usually taxed, additional current is supplied by the battery. A strong battery can deal with this to a point, but it will greatly decrease its lifespan.

Try this, rev your car to 5 grand. Play a song at a level that a standard idle cannot supply he power for, see if it quits at that rpm. I bet it doesn't. This means your charging system is inadequate for the system you have installed. I would presume its even worse at night when you must run headlights.

Installing a capacitor will not help.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
                          I don't understand why people throw on 1k +hour watt systems, then wonder why their headlights dim, electronics power on/off, or their batteries die quickly.

After 600 watts of rms power a cars stock charging system is usually taxed, additional current is supplied by the battery. A strong battery can deal with this to a point, but it will greatly decrease its lifespan.

Try this, rev your car to 5 grand. Play a song at a level that a standard idle cannot supply he power for, see if it quits at that rpm. I bet it doesn't. This means your charging system is inadequate for the system you have installed. I would presume its even worse at night when you must run headlights.

Installing a capacitor will not help.
                          So what you are saying is that I should invest in a alternator that can supply more power. But it did the same that when I had a 250rms amp.

Comment

Sounds like you are drawing to much voltage and your factory charging system is having trouble keeping up. You have a couple of options really.....
                            add a second battery
                            get a higher output alternator
                            run a capacitor

The capacitor is going to be the cheaper of the 3 but really isn't the most efficient way to go. It's like putting a band aid on a bullet wound.

Comment

Also if you are running a 1000wtt system then you need to make sure your power and ground wires are big enough. If you went to Wal-Mart and bought an 8awg power kit or heck even a 4awg kit you probably don't have a big enough wire. Your system will only be as good as it's weakest link. You can have a million dollar bad ass system but if you use cheap wire you will have these kinds of issues.

You need a quality 4awg power kit to help with your problems. Think of it this way: You are trying to drink from the water hose but you have it crimped off.

Comment

Working...
                              X