Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should you be obliged to donate your organs after death?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are good arguments if you're for it? I have an oral tomorrow and I didn't do shit until now. Obviously it saves lives is something I already thought of and the decreased rate of human trafficking for organs. Anything else?

Thanks.
    NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Yeah, in a communist society. Your organs, your car, your dog. In death you can leave your items with family but you're not obligated to do anything.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Just bring a picture of Charles Darwin, put it up on the board, sit back down.

Youll get an A.
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

Should you be obliged to donate your organs after death? NO. But I think everyone should do it on there own and I will explain why. My favorite aunt Tina passed away 2 years ago on x mas eve in here sleep. She had a aneurysm. She was still pretty young too (Late 30's). But that night she died her organs saved 2 other lives. So she kind of lives on threw them. But for the two family's who's loved ones were saved it was truly a Christmas miracle.

Comment

I dont think you should have to do anything you dont wanna do

But really in my eyes there is really no good reason to not donate your organs after death.....What the fuck are you gonna do with them when you die.....you might as well give another person a shot at life

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Should you be required? No.

Should you do it? I think so. You're not using them anymore!

I think donating your organs at death is somewhat like charity... it's a good thing. It's the "right" thing. But it remains your choice. Even in death, such a choice shouldn't be made for you.

Comment

the world has an overpopulation problem

Comment

when i die i will be stripped like a car, only my empty shell shall be buried and i will live on, i will be immortal !!!

yes, i'm an organ donor too
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 460sx View Post
                  Just bring a picture of Charles Darwin, put it up on the board, sit back down.

Youll get an A.
                  LOL!!

Right answer, but hard to look at it that way when its your loved one in need of a transplant.

I agree that requiring donation would border on communism. Some people have religious beliefs (many Asian cultures) while I think most have their own reasons, whatever they may be.

Comment

Obliged? No.
                    Required? No.

Its a choice and you dont HAVE to do it. Depending on your beliefs, do what you feel is right. If you wanna keep em--keep em. If you wanna donate--donate.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I think the religion card is played out. Is there a book of religions out there that says what religion is accepted as legitimate and what is not? see Starchlandism

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland View Post
                        I think the religion card is played out. Is there a book of religions out there that says what religion is accepted as legitimate and what is not? see Starchlandism
                        Is there a system of constructs that says which religions are NOT legitimate? Just because you may not have a set of religious constructs (not saying you don't), doesn't mean that someone else doesn't have a set of convictions that they believe in. Just like you wholly believe your set of values, they also wholly believe theirs. Who are you to tell them they are wrong, or should act a certain way?

I think the "for the common good" card is played out.

The fact is that you can't do it without infringing on people's personal rights and beliefs. That isn't for the common good.

The other thing that people don't tell you is that the success rate for transplants isn't very good. So to pressure people for the "common good" is a pretty silly reason to try and justify it. There are a whole number of other things we can do for the "common good" but don't. In fact, many of those things would be MORE beneficial for the common good. So why start here?

The fact is that if you OBLIGATE people to donate their organs, you may as well attempt to obligate them to vote a certain way, obligate them to do a certain job, obligate them to a particular social class. Oh wait, it has already been tried without success, NUMEROUS times.

Finally, end the discussion/internal debate with this question. If someone is obligating you to do something that you think is a good idea, what would you do if they were obligating you to something you thought was a bad idea?

Such things are best left to personal decision and should be free of moral interpretation/guidance. You have the right to YOUR personal decision and they have theirs.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Can I start my own religion?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Yep sure can.

Freedom, you have the right to do that which you please as long as you don't infringe on anyones rights or freedoms.

Also as long as you don't violate any local or international laws im sure you would be fine.

Comment

Yes, and you can even recruit people to believe what you believe, and probably get wicked tax breaks too.

Just don't expect to be held in higher regard than other religions.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X