Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fitting XXR 527s 18?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote

I'm not saying that they're total crap... just that everyone makes such a big deal about these bargain basement wheels just because they come in wrong offsets.
    "I wear a size 9 shoe, but check out my new Bobos! They cost me $30 and they're a size FIFTEEN!!!"

Lol. Oh ok. Well they would be better if every kid with a civic wouldn't get them in 0 offsets and slam their cars with mad crazy camber then no one would really have a problem with them. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens_CB7 View Post
      did you had work done on the fenders or just stock??? depending on that is that some people rub and other dont, thats why i will add fender flares and cut the stock fenders for clearance like i said the worst that can happen is that it wont work and i would sell the wheels.
      my fenders were stock, nothing touched. The wheels were 18x7.5 and a pretty high offset, so they actually fit, and tucked very nicely because the offset wasnt crazy low. 35 profile tires arent cheap either, I went through less than a summer on them and they were gone, sold them and bought 17s. You will crank your coilovers down as low as they can (thus becoming unsafe) just to get that slammed stance. Ive been there.

I'm NOT bashing you, your ride, or your opinion like some of the other guys on this thread. I dont want you to make a 600-700 mistake (i paid 2200 for my Rims!). I like xxrs, I currently own a few sets, love them. Affordable, many width/offsets to dial in your stance just right. Great finishes, clear doesnt peel off after a few seasons, like every enkie/konig set Ive ever seen.

If you want mad negative camber go for it, Im not a hypocrite, I ride daily with -4 all the way around on my vw (18x8.5/9.5 et 15) however that doesnt even compare to a CB. On my CB (not a daily driver) camber is approx -7ish maybe more. Im not into speed, like you, low and slow is safer IF your set up is right.

Be realistic when choosing your 'perfect' wheel setup. Do what makes you happy, honesty though do not put 18x9.75 et 20. Go with 17x8 if your going for lower offset, and daily driving it. The only way I would do a 9in wide wheel is if, like you said, fender flares. Do some searching on those before you get your hopes up, hear they are hard to find these days.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Don't get adapters. For one, you'll be pushing the wheel further out, seriously reducing fender clearance. And two, you'll be putting pretty severe stress on your hub and wheel bearing. If you don't snap something off, you'll probably wreck the bearing. Plus, how does a 5 lug adapter work, anyway? Where do the 4 studs go? Is the adapter going to push the wheel out far enough that the studs don't make contact?

I have adapters on my VW, they are not 4 to 5 lug, I dont even think they make those. You mount the adapter on the existing studs, and low profile lug nuts. Then grind/cut off the excess stut, assuring that you grind it flat to the adapter, otherwise your wheel wont mount on straight and you'll have hella problems then lol. Ive had them for over 3 years and have never replaced a bearing because of it.

This should show you, not only difference of opinion/lack of experience, but also the honda and vw worlds are completely different. Lots of people in the vw world use spacers and adapters to get that 'perfect stance'. Does that mean they are wrong for doing it, or we are more right for not? Neither. If you take the proper precautions, make sure your bearings and other suspension components are good since CB7s are 20+ years old now, youll be fine. Its just as important as making sure your lug nuts are properly torqued, as it is that you buckle your seatbelt before you drive off.

p.s Im not telling every yoohoo out there to slam their car, with as wide of an adapter and as much negative camber as possible. Im only saying that you can get stance safely.

Comment

thanks to everybody for all your comments,help,and advice on anything about what we are talking here. i will for sure follow your advice and help and do lots of research on parts and info on how to make it work properly and safely. and too to keep you updated in any info or parts that i would find. big thanks!!!!!!!!
          Last edited by Ravens_CB7; 03-31-2012, 02:09 AM.

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
          My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens_CB7 View Post
            .how's that possible??
            this is how he did it...

1. scam people of their money on this forum
            2. use that stolen money and buy stuff for your car
            3. profit...
            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
              this is how he did it...

1. scam people of their money on this forum
              2. use that stolen money and buy stuff for your car
              3. profit...
              haha i dont know the story about this guy but did read what he did, that sucks and is messed up but i would never do that........if anything i would be the one scammed lmao!!!

Comment

I'm running 16x9 0* front and 16x8 0* in the rear, fender's pulled to the max, coilover's, and a full (not ebay) camber kit, front and rear.

I'm running 195/45-16 all around, and after my alignment my last set of tires lasted me over 60,000 miles. just saying...

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
                  I'm running 16x9 0* front and 16x8 0* in the rear, fender's pulled to the max, coilover's, and a full (not ebay) camber kit, front and rear.

I'm running 195/45-16 all around, and after my alignment my last set of tires lasted me over 60,000 miles. just saying...
                  wow thats crazy and good for you that the tires lasted you that much ronald_typeR was rolling on misters 17x9 +20 and not camber or just a little but he has the fender flares haha

Comment

would love to see pics of this wheel set up lol.. 9in in front, 8in in rear? why?

Comment

The only reason I could ever imagine a front wheel that wide would be for maximum traction with a super high horsepower FWD drag car!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        The only reason I could ever imagine a front wheel that wide would be for maximum traction with a super high horsepower FWD drag car!
                        based on his members ride... thats not the case. lol

Comment

I call bullshit. 195 on a 9 inch wide lasting 60k ?? Let alone that it would even fit correctly past a 7" rim. And you say you stuck it on a 9" rim while it lasted 60k miles... Yea. So full of it

Comment

195/45/15 on a 9" wide wheel:

...and what you should probably expect when doing an extreme stretch. THIS is why I so severely criticize serious camber, low offset, crazy spacers, tire stretch... because IF if fails, you will most likely crash.

Comment

thats crazy!!!!^^^ haha i wouldnt go that streched lol 205s or 225s would be better imo.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
                                would love to see pics of this wheel set up lol.. 9in in front, 8in in rear? why?
                                B/c I'm fwd, why would I want more rubber in the back? LOL

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                                White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Working...
                                X