Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fitting XXR 527s 18?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
    I call bullshit. 195 on a 9 inch wide lasting 60k ?? Let alone that it would even fit correctly past a 7" rim. And you say you stuck it on a 9" rim while it lasted 60k miles... Yea. So full of it
    Calm down man. You obviously don't know anything about different tire compounds. The harder the compound, the longer it will last in more aggressive conditions. Low profile tires have a harder compound, thus making them last much longer.

Thanks anyways though.

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
    White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Classic case of.

Stance vs. Safety

If it were me.
      Id make it happen but only run that setup for special occassion...

Its like church shoes.
      [COLOR=DarkRed][B]I LIVE ACCORDINGLY * 93 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
        You obviously don't know anything about different tire compounds. The harder the compound, the longer it will last in more aggressive conditions. Low profile tires have a harder compound, thus making them last much longer.
        apparently you do not either.....the letter rating tells what type of compound the tire is...harder or softer that is. just because it is a low profile doesnt neccessarily mean that it is harder.
        SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

And a hard compound can rip just like a soft compound when the tire is stretched in a way it wasn't designed to be stretched.

203CB7TUNER has the right idea. If something is going to be THAT extreme, it should be saved for very limited use. Car shows and photoshoots... sure... slap on stupid wheels and stick em out sideways. But for running down to Piggly Wiggly to get yourself a Twix? Nobody gives a shit how fly your ride looks, and you're going to tear those wheels and tires up in no time.

Modifying your car doesn't necessarily require making it unsafe or impractical. It is a car. Regardless of what you want from it, the 2 most important things are that you can drive it, and that it won't break and injure you. If your modifications compromise those two things, you're doing something wrong. Just because other people do it doesn't mean it's a good idea. Think for yourselves, sheep.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRICH View Post
            apparently you do not either.....the letter rating tells what type of compound the tire is...harder or softer that is. just because it is a low profile doesnt neccessarily mean that it is harder.
            Calm down man. You obviously don't know anything about different tire compounds. The harder the compound, the longer it will last in more aggressive conditions.(I will correct myself) Low profile tires typically have a harder compound, thus making them last much longer.

Thanks anyways though.

White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

^nice try homie
              SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRICH View Post
                ^nice try homie
                lol It's obvious I edited the post in my reply. I saw that you were correct, and I corrected myself, as to not give bad info to other members.

I wasn't trying to prove you wrong man.

Comment

lol It's obvious I edited the post in my reply
                  and i saw that....i am just messing with you man. no harm, no foul.
                  SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....

Comment

A harder compound will be more brittle when stretched, so it is no better.
                    If a company makes a tire that is actually MADE to be stretched, then that's one thing... but until they do, NO tire is made to be stretched beyond the manufacturer's intended limits, regardless of compound.

Plus, when you stretch a tire, you remove a good deal of its flexibility. Then you run extreme negative camber to shoot the wheels out sideways, and you are literally riding on the sidewall of those stretched tires.

Comment

i say if thats what you wanna do and thats the look your going for ... go for it.... like u said worst case situation they dont fit and you have to sell them or you dont like the end result sell or trade them... i mean if you have the funds to back this project then its on u not what everyone else likes or wants to see on a cb ....

Comment

Originally posted by cb7inthe813 View Post
                        i say if thats what you wanna do and thats the look your going for ... go for it.... like u said worst case situation they dont fit and you have to sell them or you dont like the end result sell or trade them... i mean if you have the funds to back this project then its on u not what everyone else likes or wants to see on a cb ....
                        Uhhh, yeah, except that's NOT the worst case scenario. The worst case scenario is he has a blowout at freeway speeds and kills himself and some other innocent driver...
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                          Uhhh, yeah, except that's NOT the worst case scenario. The worst case scenario is he has a blowout at freeway speeds and kills himself and some other innocent driver...
                          No the worst case scenario is just how I said it , i wouldn't drive it around unless I know and make sure that everything is put well together to function and be safe.......

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
                          My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            195/45/15 on a 9" wide wheel:

I wonder how much glue they use and how high their tire pressures must be to keep it on there while eating at the inside sidewal.

Thats crazy.. looks more like a forklift tire than a car tire.

Comment

because race car

The Race Car

Comment

I'm on 16x8 +20 with 205/45 tires and I only need a small amour of fender work in the rear with no rubbing at full lock....I'm pretty low on eBay coils (installing full body coil overs tomorrow) with no major issues. I can probably get the camber in the front to almost factory settings too. I spent alot of time research wheels and and fitm3nt before making my wheel decision.....i know cool story bro.
                                My whips so clean I can see the reflection of your car in the reflection of my car on the reflection of your car

Comment

Working...
                                X