Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Update on my 93' exi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on my 93' exi

Hi everyone x),
    Well here he is,
    Fate to be decided... Its going to cost to much to repair everything and my father wont help me fix it so im driving it as is which is doing more damage :/.
    He still looks clean but :P, will probably end up at the wreckers/junkyard because i wont get anything on it as a trade in.

Quick wash to remove oil marks from around hood:

Random Pics from country and driving around:

SCRUBBED MY INTERIOR TOP TO BOTTOM LOOKS NEW ^.^:

uhmmm what's wrong with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Accord214 View Post
      uhmmm what's wrong with it?
      -Leaking oil from 4 diff spots
      -Transmission leak
      -Transmission clunking
      -Needs a new power steering pump
      -power steering leak
      -trunk leaking from previous accidents
      -Has an issue where it wont start sometimes
      -Using alot of petrol for no reason
      -Overheating (fan issue no one can find the problem)
      -Needs drivers side front and rear window motors and rubbers
      -Needs 2 new motor mounts

Comment

Originally posted by thedatazoo View Post
        -Leaking oil from 4 diff spots
        -Transmission leak
        -Transmission clunking
        -Needs a new power steering pump
        -power steering leak
        -trunk leaking from previous accidents
        -Has an issue where it wont start sometimes
        -Using alot of petrol for no reason
        -Overheating (fan issue no one can find the problem)
        -Needs drivers side front and rear window motors and rubbers
        -Needs 2 new motor mounts
        Wow. You would never know just by looking at it.

Leaking trunk?

I would put money into it. 95% of the problems you put are common fixes.
        Now the tranmission leak/clunking - thats a different story. rofl
        Last edited by Akil1; 05-25-2012, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Akil1 View Post
          Wow. You would never know just by looking at it.

Leaking trunk?

I would put money into it. 95% of the problems you put are common fixes.
          Now the tranmission leak/clunking - thats a different story. rofl
          I put 4k into it last year and i cant afford to shell out anymore and my parents are over hearing new problems xD

And the trunks very messed up underneath in one point in its life probably 2000ish from what i can tell it was in a pile up front and back(sandwiched) everything was nicely rebuilt however they glued the light housing together and stuck it in, and now i cant unbolt it probably over tightened. So they don't sit flush.
          Last edited by thedatazoo; 05-25-2012, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Damn, too bad you live in another country I would try and buy that off you lol. Looks great though, it'll be a shame if you end up junking it considering all of those problems can be fixed fairly easily if you have the time and money.

And ain't those REAL clear corners? You don't see that too often on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
              Damn, too bad you live in another country I would try and buy that off you lol. Looks great though, it'll be a shame if you end up junking it considering all of those problems can be fixed fairly easily if you have the time and money.

And ain't those REAL clear corners? You don't see that too often on this site.
              In AUS every accord looks nice on the outside xD! All little old lady cars, and all our corners in aus are clear bet you didnt notice the right one is a 90 and its offset xD

Comment

try selling it on craigslist.org

Comment

Originally posted by Akil1 View Post
                  try selling it on craigslist.org
                  :/ i cant as soon as the hear the pwr steering pump they think its major xD plus i need cash to get a diff car that is reliable and anything in aus thats reliable starts at 5k on road :P
                  Last edited by thedatazoo; 05-25-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I think you'll have an impossible time getting value for that car at a junkyard. If it were my car and I was in your situation, I would try to find another nice Accord. Maybe it didn't have to look as nice but just be free of major mechanical issues. Then, I would use the parts from you EX-i to get the other one into tip-top shape. If I could afford it, I would keep the car around to use as a parts car seeing as it's in very good condition(aesthetically). If I couldn't manage to keep both then once I got everything valuable off of the old one I'd take it to the wrecking yard at that point.

The catch here is being able to afford a new car without any income created by selling this one. Maybe your parents will help there? I have no idea how old you are but if you're over 18 then the parent suggestion doesn't apply.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I say donate the car to a Honda museum for their collection.

My driveway also accepts donations of Hondas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                        I think you'll have an impossible time getting value for that car at a junkyard. If it were my car and I was in your situation, I would try to find another nice Accord. Maybe it didn't have to look as nice but just be free of major mechanical issues. Then, I would use the parts from you EX-i to get the other one into tip-top shape. If I could afford it, I would keep the car around to use as a parts car seeing as it's in very good condition(aesthetically). If I couldn't manage to keep both then once I got everything valuable off of the old one I'd take it to the wrecking yard at that point.

The catch here is being able to afford a new car without any income created by selling this one. Maybe your parents will help there? I have no idea how old you are but if you're over 18 then the parent suggestion doesn't apply.
                        Yeah im 17... so im using it for learners and was hoping for p's but now who knows. I have gone over the 2nd car idea but i have no where to keep it and our neighbors are assholes :P

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                          I say donate the car to a Honda museum for their collection.

My driveway also accepts donations of Hondas.
                          HAHAHA yeah so is my driveway

Comment

Originally posted by thedatazoo View Post
                            HAHAHA yeah so is my driveway
                            Trade? Want a LHD coupe?

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                              Trade? Want a LHD coupe?
                              LOL i need to haul shit ill trade you for a cb9 x)

Comment

Working...
                              X