Media Server Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
    Why do you have so many HD Homeruns? You recording like 20 shows?
    Lol no, 1 at my parents house that I got for them, 1 for my business and 2 for my house, since 3 tuners could possibly get occupied if my wife and I are recording a few shows plus watching separate things. 6 tuners available allows for worry free scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808 View Post
      Lol no, 1 at my parents house that I got for them, 1 for my business and 2 for my house, since 3 tuners could possibly get occupied if my wife and I are recording a few shows plus watching separate things. 6 tuners available allows for worry free scheduling.
      May I ask what software you use and cable company? It seems if there are lots of locked channels WMC is the only way to record stuff which will likely push me to just continue to rent DVR from the cable company. (Granted, I am going to wait until I move to the NJ/Philly area in Sept to get actual cable service again, internet only is doing fine for me right now).
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Sure, at my office, I don't really do any recording, just watching. There I have win 8.1 pro with media center on 2 machines. At home I have 2 Windows 8.1 pro machines with Media center and at my parents, they have Windows 7 Ultimate with media center.

To overcome the 4 tuner limitation in media center I used an inexpensive piece of software called tuner salad. I could theoretically support 32 tuners then.

Microsoft's media center is pretty plain by today's standards, but I can't complain, it works great, and there hasn't been anything I can't record.

We have Comcast at all 3 locations.

Comment

I've never had cable.
          My Car
          FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Thread revival, but!

I forgot about all of these ideas sometime in 2015 and this thread too however, in late 2017 I stood up a new Plex server on my MacBook and then in January of this year I built an unRaid server and currently it has 16 tb of storage.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
            X