Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

55 mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

55 mpg

I’m not cheap, but in this economy I got to be frugal. I traveled to SoCal last weekend from NorCal, I had my Garmin Nuvi onboard. I rack up 510 miles on one tank of gas. According to my Garming I drove 7hrs. and 45 min. to drive to San Clemente. That is an all time high when it comes to MPG on my CB7. So my trip started mellow and pleasant, I have my three year old daughter strap in her chair in the back watching movies. I’m not in a hurry to hall ass 80 to 85mph down interstate 5. Instead I jump on 99 and decided to 60mph. So I’m like a at half a tank in Fresno doing half a tank at 230 on the odometer. So I slow it down jumping on the slow lane behind he massive trucks, doing 55mph. till I got to San Clement.
    My GPS has me traveled 490 miles, Google maps has me at 495 miles, but my odometer on my CB7 registered at 510 miles.
    Oh! I got an update on this week tank.
    Anyone one else having great gas mileage on your cb7? Get at me.
    Thanks

First off, congrats on the green effort! The highest mileage I have ever achieved in my Accord was 34 mpg. Back when the car was younger, my dad would get 32-33mpg on every tank.

The highest mileage I've ever heard of in a CB Accord, until now, was TheNextEpisode's mark of 47.9mpg. I thought that was astronomical!

It's been researched that 55mph is the best compromise between speed and efficiency. In 1974, the US congress enacted the national 55-mph speed limit in an effort to reduce fuel consumption. It was thoroughly researched even before that by European countries; 90 km/hr, or coincidentally 56.25mph, was deemed the most efficient compromise in highway travel. After the drastic changes in car aerodynamics in the 1990s, low gas prices, and stiffer car structures (less sensation of speed), fuel efficiency was not as important anymore. Congress rescinded the 55-mph law in 1996.

PS, this is all information from my memory. If theres an error in my rant here, feel free to correct me.
    Last edited by Nurega; 04-06-2011, 07:29 AM.
    Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
    2005 Acura TSX 6MT
    2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

On my sedan my best tank (that i can think of off the top of my head) was just over 34mpg. (And coincidently it was the tank right before the car turned 200k) A handful of time I too have gotten over 500 miles per tank. It's such a good feeling! Commuting 56 miles round trip to work I was seeing 32-33 miles regularly, no sweat.

My wagon on the other-hand, (only had it on the road for less than a month), my best tank was 28 (my three tanks thus far: 25, 28, 28). I haven't done any "tune-ups" on it. Soon to come are K&N air filter, ngk platinum spark plugs, new cap, rotor, spark plug wires, coil wire. And also my better tires! (instead of the cheap crappy ones that came with the car) I hope to see 32mpg after my "tune-up."

how did you calculate 55mpg?

for 510 miles of driving that's only 9.27 gallons of gas????

if you were getting 55mpg then you EASILY would go 825 miles per tank????

something isn't adding up here...
      Last edited by mtnbikaah; 04-06-2011, 10:07 AM.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I got around 500 on a tank once before... I was amazed.

Comment

Ive gone over 550 miles..and I still had a 1/4 tank of gas left..that was going up the 5 to merced and still had more gas to drive til the next day..

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
          Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
          Originally posted by bmxicansd
          so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

Wow you guys are lucky. I was barely getting 18mpg with my CB before it bit the dust a few weeks ago.

Of course, that car had issues.
            HondAccordMan-1991 Honda Accord LX Sedan

Click for MRT thread

Comment

It may or may not seem relevant, but my CB7 that is auto does 30mpg. That may seem like a pretty average result until you factor in that it runs on LPG, which is much cleaner and cheaper than the rubbish fuel they call Unleaded over here.
              This gives me just over 12 miles per $.
              How does this compare with US fuel prices?
              The nice thing is that the range is well over 750miles (petrol and LPG) which is useful around here.

Comment

WOW! Good stories. I just got done with my second tank coming back up from SoCal, so bare with me. I filled it up and top off my gas tank at Costco in Simi Valley. Traveled up the grape vine doing a steady 55 and decided to take 99back up North. Got home, had a quart of gas left, I dont recall the the milage. I headed out to Santa Rosa yesterday, had my meeting and then decided to head back home to Davis. My gas light came on as I was leaving Santa Rosa, and kept going South to 101, to cut over on 37 to end up in Vacaville off 80. Well I did not make to Vacaville, but stop at Costco in Cordilia, my light was on since Santa rosa, turn off, and then went on agian and kept hauling ass and Empty. I could even feel the car lighter in weight just the way in handled. By time I got up to the pumps, the odometer read 520, no shit. I dont think I can push this car any further.
                Im sharing this information with my buddy who drives a 2001 accord sedan and he decided to slow down in the slow lane a and to use his cruise control. So he gets back at me very surprise and he said he was squeezing about 120 miles extra.
                Last edited by laloquera; 04-09-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

fawk! i get 18mpg and thats a good tank for me lmao, but i run it on 87 (at $4 a gal :/ thanks nobama) and on an H23 tranny... the most i do on the highway is 75-80
                  Originally posted by scudweiser
                  it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                  Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Originally posted by lordoja View Post
                    fawk! i get 18mpg and thats a good tank for me lmao, but i run it on 87 (at $4 a gal :/ thanks nobama) and on an H23 tranny... the most i do on the highway is 75-80
                    I run it on 87 octane as well. The H-series transmission is partially to blame, but your driving style is a much larger factor. I drive with careful applications of throttle and brake, and entirely avoid "jack-rabbit" starts. Also, maintaining a constant speed on the highway helps as well.

*These are very basic tips on driving for fuel efficiency. Lordoja, PM me if you want more info.
                    Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                    2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                    2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
                      I run it on 87 octane as well. The H-series transmission is partially to blame, but your driving style is a much larger factor. I drive with careful applications of throttle and brake, and entirely avoid "jack-rabbit" starts. Also, maintaining a constant speed on the highway helps as well.

*These are very basic tips on driving for fuel efficiency. Lordoja, PM me if you want more info.
                      lol i've had too many tickets for speeding, and i live close to a police station so i try to keep my fart can as low as possible plus i love to see other people take off after a stop to look cool when they try to "race" me and i just cruise up to them laughing. i was getting shitty MPG's even with the F series tranny =/ i'm a frogs hair away from switching my injectors dunno what else it could be, when i got the car it had no TLC at all... im better off than with my 13 mpg fucking Lancer lol
                      Originally posted by scudweiser
                      it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                      Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

I hope you meant 55 MPH and not 55mpg...because even at 520 miles on a tank, assuming 2.5 gallons left with the light on, is only 36mpg, which is not NEARLY as impressive as 55mpg would be.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

i gues theres something pretty wrong with mine. im getting 17 mpg.. that SUCKS

#3MR 91 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=186456
                          #2MR 90 sedan: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...51#post2867651
                          #1MR 93 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176343

Comment

My city/hwy mileage was about 26mpg (340miles per 13gallon fillup).

New Fidanza lightweight flywheel city/hwy in the cold winter: 23mpg -- made me rethink the flywheel...

But it got better! Fidanza city/hwy in the spring so far: 27mpg.

Recently 29mpg hwy miles 5 hour road trip (at 70mph ).

Comment

That is a lot of mpg. I had only had to fill up once when I went from San Diego to San Francisco but I don't think I was averaging over 35 mpg. I still had gas to drive around San Francisco when I got here. Dropping my average speed really does help with gas consumption.

Comment

Working...
                              X