Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd gen Mazda6. Anyone have any experience? (2017+ specifically)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd gen Mazda6. Anyone have any experience? (2017+ specifically)

I just got back from the Philly Auto Show, and for the second year in a row, the Mazda6 was by far my favorite car. I liked it better than anything else in its class, as well as any of the higher-end luxury cars of the same size. The 6 just felt to be so well made. Ergonomically, it was as close as any new car has ever gotten to the CB7!

I think I may seriously consider a Mazda6 for my next car, when it’s time to ditch the ol’ hybrid. Has anyone driven one, worked on one, etc...?

I did a remote start in a 2018 recently. I wasn't happy with the amount of disassembly I had to do to get to everything, but the interior was nice and seemed well built.

I didn't get under the hood, but I'm sure it's like everything else Mazda lately. Good MPG, direct injection skyactive stuff. The infotainment system takes some getting used to as well. Nothing like BMW or Audi though. I can get you TSB's if you want.

Comment

Werd. That’d be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        I did a remote start in a 2018 recently. I wasn't happy with the amount of disassembly I had to do to get to everything, but the interior was nice and seemed well built.

I didn't get under the hood, but I'm sure it's like everything else Mazda lately. Good MPG, direct injection skyactive stuff. The infotainment system takes some getting used to as well. Nothing like BMW or Audi though. I can get you TSB's if you want.
        I loved the infotainment in our 2016 CX-5. The click wheel and volume knob on the center console felt incredibly naturally after about a week. I sometimes regret not replacing ours with another.

Comment

All the problems seem to be with the instrument cluster and collision avoidance systems. They're finicky about accessory add ons.

There's one recall and it's for a blinker.

Comment

Not too bad. I couldn’t care less about the collision avoidance system, unless it unexpectedly brakes for no reason! My eyeballs have worked well as a collision avoidance system for years!

Cluster is a little concerning. I don’t know that I’d need to add anything accessory-wise.

I’m not sure if I’d prefer a base manual model, or if I’d pay more for a higher trim and just deal with the automatic. I need to see how the top trims are depreciating! MSRP is insane for the top trim, at about 36k. Base is only about 23k, which is much better.

Comment

Working...
            X