Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB7-X1 version 1.0 almost ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7-X1 version 1.0 almost ready

Today I was finally able to road test my first non-stock preparation of a CB7: a 93 LX. After a few test runs I finally put the pedal down in first (rolling start). I thought the clutch was slipping but no, I had just run the gear that fast. Definitely a seat of the pants noticeable difference from stock.

The rundown:
    F22A6 swap (replacing my 300k+ mile A1)
    Ebay header/downpipe
    EX muffler assy
    PT6 ECU
    Stage 1 clutch
    10# Flywheel
    Interior Lightened
    Poly windows
    Deleted: A/C, power steering, alternator, heater, cruise control

Bolting on soon:
    Koni orange w/tein H.Tech (~1.2" drop)
    (Front - 4 kgf/mm 224 lbs/in; Rear - 2.7 kgf/mm 151 lbs/in)
    EX rear sway bar

Also, still need to wire the IAB.
    And put a turbo on it

Note: Fuel pump access hatch
    Last edited by irelandmc; 12-04-2015, 10:47 PM. Reason: Forgot my flywheel!

93 Seattle silver sedan like mine.

I see a Linn county plate. That's one county north of me as I'm in Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
      93 Seattle silver sedan like mine.
      Yeah, about half of it still has paint on it, lol. I'm sure you'll all be shocked to hear that aesthetics are not a priority for this build.

Hey H311 what do you think about a CB7 meet up in the corridor next summer?

Comment

Rust...natural weight reduction. I like it. It's going to be a lot of upset people getting beat by this.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by irelandmc View Post
          Yeah, about half of it still has paint on it, lol. I'm sure you'll all be shocked to hear that aesthetics are not a priority for this build.

Hey H311 what do you think about a CB7 meet up in the corridor next summer?
          Depends on specifics really. I'd be more likely to attend something of the like if it were of a reasonable size. Which has been the issue with the ones I've attended in the past.

You ever need a hand with something CB related feel free to contact me. I can't guarantee I'll be free or able or promise you anything but I'll see if I can try.

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            Rust...natural weight reduction. I like it. It's going to be a lot of upset people getting beat by this.
            Theoretically some body work will be done at some point, but purely for aero reasons. I kind of like the fading paint/chipping clear coat. Not to mention that a cars worth of paint can easily weight 40lb. My build theme: Ugly is the new pretty.

@H311RA151N Hey same for you, if you ever need a hand or want to pick my parts pile just shout.

Comment

Another Iowan checking in. Des Moines here though.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
              2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

No dashboard? Oooookkayyyyyyy

You going to chip off all the insulation/sound deadening in the interior? What about the firewall pad, that thing is HEAVY.

Inspections must be lenient there, I can see at least one reason you would fail here. Driver's window does not roll down.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  No dashboard? Oooookkayyyyyyy

You going to chip off all the insulation/sound deadening in the interior? What about the firewall pad, that thing is HEAVY.

Inspections must be lenient there, I can see at least one reason you would fail here. Driver's window does not roll down.

Wait, you can fail an inspection for that? Do they have a sign saying "It Is what it is" too?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Iowa has no inspection or smog whatsoever lol

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                      Iowa has no inspection or smog whatsoever lol
                      Thats honestly scary. As much as a pain in the ass a safety inspection is, it keeps the stupid people in check.

And yes, some of the things required are annoying. I had one guy fail a car because the windows rolled down too slow I had to point out to him that the inspection code does not state a minimum speed for the windows then he put the sticker on.
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                        Thats honestly scary. As much as a pain in the ass a safety inspection is, it keeps the stupid people in check.

And yes, some of the things required are annoying. I had one guy fail a car because the windows rolled down too slow I had to point out to him that the inspection code does not state a minimum speed for the windows then he put the sticker on.
                        Lol yeah we have some shitty cars running around....lol

if that window case is true my 8th gen would fail that speed test as well going up lol, I need to lube it up.

Comment

Working...
                        X