Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

oil cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil cooler

can i run boost on a stock f22 without oil cooler? what would be a safe amount of boost?

thankyou

Nothing more than 8psi unless you want to ghost your engine. but I would recommend a cooler, mine ended up being around 50 dollars, oil sandwitch turbo volvo oil cooler (jy $10) and the lines.

Comment

oil sandiwch...

u talkin cooler that goes between block and oil filter.
      I have heard of these, but lookin to see if anyone has used them practically!
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

I used on a b18 to relocate the filter but set up is the same. its just a plate that goes on one betweent the filter and the block with some fittings.

click to see my ride
        click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

I daily drove 280whp 11psi with the stock oil cooler for years. The question is, does your f22 have the stock cooler? I installed an aftermarket cooler and took out the stocker when I built my motor and went with more boost, but for the most part the stock cooler is adequate. Hell, get a temp gauge and you probably don't really need one unless you autocross or something. L8r
          Turbo H23a3 build has begun
          01-01-2019

Comment

no cooler here!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

i have an oil cooler stock....

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                oil sandiwch...

u talkin cooler that goes between block and oil filter.
                I have heard of these, but lookin to see if anyone has used them practically!
                h22a comes with them..if thats what hes talking bout

Comment

I didn't think the f22s came with an oil cooler?

I know the h22's do, and they're expensive as hell. I think Honda wanted almost 400 dollars for one

Comment

hit the junk yard

Comment

Working...
                    X