CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 09-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
iamdoby4life
Newcomer

iamdoby4life is cool... so far.
H23 head F22 Block

1990 accord...
i have an F22A and i want to put an H23 non Vtec head i have laying around in my garage, what exactly would i need to make it work? like headers? timing belt? like everything i need, what would it be? please some one help me.
iamdoby4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
trouty
CB7tuner Member

trouty is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to trouty
you definitely need to use the site search button...there are a couple members who have done the build you are interested in..as well as complete lists of parts needed...just gotta look man..
trouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
First off... it's a bad idea. Sell that head and use the money to have your F22A ported. The F22A head is superior to the H23 head.

You won't gain much from doing this swap, other than a second camshaft, and a lot of potential reliability issues. If you have to ask for someone to tell you everything you need to do it... you really shoudn't be doing such a swap. Everyone that has had any luck with these things understood their engines enough that they didn't need someone to hold their hand while doing it. All the noobs that want to be spoon fed tend to blow their engines up very quickly... that is, if they complete the project before giving up.

H/F engines are not like the B series... we have no "LS/VTEC" swaps. All hybrid H/F motors have nothing to offer... and they're really not that unique anymore to make that a good reason to do it.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
randull
Bisimoto Representative

randull is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
First off... it's a bad idea. Sell that head and use the money to have your F22A ported. The F22A head is superior to the H23 head.

You won't gain much from doing this swap, other than a second camshaft, and a lot of potential reliability issues. If you have to ask for someone to tell you everything you need to do it... you really shoudn't be doing such a swap. Everyone that has had any luck with these things understood their engines enough that they didn't need someone to hold their hand while doing it. All the noobs that want to be spoon fed tend to blow their engines up very quickly... that is, if they complete the project before giving up.

H/F engines are not like the B series... we have no "LS/VTEC" swaps. All hybrid H/F motors have nothing to offer... and they're really not that unique anymore to make that a good reason to do it.
I have to agree here, there is really no gain for you to do something like this. Honestly try just flowing out a few different heads and you will prolly find one that flows better than the others.

Go from there and drop some cams and valve train in that bad boy and call it a day! Again, I suggest going with something like our Stage 2 cam and valve train and bang you got good power and reliability without hassle and fuss!

If you need anything shoot me an email:

randy@bisimoto.com
randull is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
h23

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: