CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
tonka9999
CB7tuner Member

tonka9999 is cool... so far.
Red face H23 Intake?

There is a JY down the street from me that has a complete h23 Intake mani.(sensors, IAB,) Iwant to do the swap. I have read the threads on the swap and will read them again. (if there's one you think I missed fell free to let me know) Never taken off the IM or TB so I'm wanting to make sure i dont miss anything.

Now is there anything that you would suggest that I do differently during install that made it easier to install? or after that made it run better?...ect.

93 LX F22A1 auto tranny

Thanks Guys

Last edited by tonka9999; 08-18-2011 at 01:32 AM.
tonka9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Is there a point to posting a HUGE picture of your car in this thread?

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #3
tonka9999
CB7tuner Member

So anything off the top of your head, that stuck out that I might need to know ?
Old 08-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
cloudasc
CB7tuner Member

cloudasc is someone to admire cloudasc is someone to admire cloudasc is someone to admire
Since your going to be doing a manifold swap, i would take the time to clean the egr ports on the H23 intake before you install it. Also make sure to aquire some oem intake gaskets. If you happen to aquire an extra iab plate, you can do whats called a "double-stack", where you have one gutted iab spacer, and a working iab plate above the spacer (in essence your lengthing the runners). You might also want to look at the Bisimoto phenolic intake manifold gasket, as it helps lower the temperature of the air entering the head from the intake, as the intake should stay significantly cooler [60*F i believe], since its not absorbing all the heat from the block through the flange connected to the head.

Before you attempt the swap, I would document all your vacuum lines, and coolant lines and where they plug into on your current setup, as it will help when it comes time to plug everything back in. Also the IACV on the F22 flow direction is different then the H22/H23 flow, so if your going to be using your f22 IACV, coolant flow is from left to right, so the right hose the iacv will need to double back to plug into the FITV/TB if I remember correctly. After the swap, make sure to bleed your coolant system of any bubbles, and hopefully your swap will be as painless as possible. If you haven't already, an upgraded exhaust will help extract more power from these mods, especially if you still have an a1 exhaust manifold installed on your car.

Last edited by cloudasc; 08-14-2011 at 06:55 PM.
cloudasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
dj_ender
Mod\Dubstep Pusher

dj_ender seems to have made some friends! dj_ender seems to have made some friends!
Damn, there goes that throttle position sensor (tps), search the forum for replacing the tps. Its easy and you can use the one from your old intake.
dj_ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
tonka9999
CB7tuner Member

H23 IM help

Thank you for the help!
but i have an issue and a couple of questions on the intake swap. Im going to go back and read but maybe i can see what you guys have to say.

I caught the What I think to be the TBS on something and broke it!!!!! F@^$

Can i replace it? I see what looks like a rivet??? Is a aftermarket one better?

I was not sure if i Needed this or not so i got it anyway. Little help Please!

Im going to read the DIY again...but on more thing what about the injectors from the prelude should I keep mine or swap out and how to tell if injector is bad? this is what the port look like

Last edited by tonka9999; 08-18-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
tonka9999
CB7tuner Member

Ready for cleaning...

And this one I just pulled today

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudasc View Post
Since your going to be doing a manifold swap, i would take the time to clean the egr ports on the H23 intake before you install it. Also make sure to aquire some oem intake gaskets. If you happen to aquire an extra iab plate, you can do whats called a "double-stack", where you have one gutted iab spacer, and a working iab plate above the spacer (in essence your lengthing the runners). You might also want to look at the Bisimoto phenolic intake manifold gasket, as it helps lower the temperature of the air entering the head from the intake, as the intake should stay significantly cooler [60*F i believe], since its not absorbing all the heat from the block through the flange connected to the head.

Before you attempt the swap, I would document all your vacuum lines, and coolant lines and where they plug into on your current setup, as it will help when it comes time to plug everything back in. Also the IACV on the F22 flow direction is different then the H22/H23 flow, so if your going to be using your f22 IACV, coolant flow is from left to right, so the right hose the iacv will need to double back to plug into the FITV/TB if I remember correctly. After the swap, make sure to bleed your coolant system of any bubbles, and hopefully your swap will be as painless as possible. If you haven't already, an upgraded exhaust will help extract more power from these mods, especially if you still have an a1 exhaust manifold installed on your car.

Last edited by tonka9999; 08-18-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:59 PM   #8
cloudasc
CB7tuner Member

cloudasc is someone to admire cloudasc is someone to admire cloudasc is someone to admire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka9999 View Post
I was not sure if i Needed this or not so i got it anyway. Little help Please!
That is the IAB Black Box, its what holds a vacuum on the butterfly's to keep them closed, the ground goes to a pin on the ecu that is unused. The exact information is already documented I believe in a sticky, or is a quick search away. You can also just look at my MRT for pictures and other useful information.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #9
tonka9999
CB7tuner Member

I have no clue! This box above was by the intake box on the prelude, but there was also a black box under the IM as well. I assume that it is apart of the IAB?

Last edited by tonka9999; 08-18-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:27 AM   #10
cloudasc
CB7tuner Member

The one under the IM is the IAB black box.

Tags
f22a1 , h23 , intake , swap

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: