Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1990 accord h22, map sensor box swap to throttle body map??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 accord h22, map sensor box swap to throttle body map??

what do i need and or is there any wiring involved with this? if so does anybody have the info on how to wire this

The H22a doesn't have the map on the tb already? Mine H22a tb does....weird. All you do is pretty much rape a map connector from a 92-95 Civic or something then cut and splice into your original wiring using the wires off your current map sensor, just so you aren't cutting into your actual wiring harness. Ill try and give you the wiring info and pics when I get a chance to pop my hood.

Comment

i want to see this. im trying to do the same thing so i can delete my box

Comment

The OP said nothing about trying to eliminate the MAP or use one on the h22.

When I did my h22 swap, I left the stock MAP sensor in the black box and ran it to the TB just like on the f22. My h22 did not have it on the TB. The ONLY wiring differences on my h22 vs my f22 were the Vtec and knock sensors.

My advice is to keep it easy and clean, When you start splicing wires, you increase the potential of problems.
        "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

My H22 came with the MAP on the throttle body, so I switched from using my firewall-mounted box to the TB sensor. Still have the box for the EGR though, I guess in my case the swap was pointless. There is a bit of wiring you'll have to change. I can post my setup tomorrow, my car's not with me at the moment. But basically, the wires going to the in-box MAP were cut at the box and ran straight to the TB sensor. It was just a matter of matching up the right colors. And actually I think the colors matched close enough that it's self-explanatory on what wires to solder together, if you want to experiment on your own until I can get mine up.
          Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-25-2012, 08:26 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

ok yeah thats what i figured. i was going to rape a civic map plug and re-pin it. i just want to get rid of that box cause i know its pointless.

Comment

Are you not running the EGR system? Personally I'd rather be able to pass emissions.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

91 no need for emissions

Comment

My jdm h22 also got the map on the TB...im tryin also to eliminate that black box to because i did a wire tuck on my cb if any one can post up the pics of what they did it will be helpful

Comment

Sorry guys, forgot about the thread

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                    [...] basically, the wires going to the in-box MAP were cut at the box and ran straight to the TB sensor. It was just a matter of matching up the right colors. And actually I think the colors matched close enough that it's self-explanatory on what wires to solder together [...]
                    ^ That there's pretty much all there is to this project.

I was cleaning up my wire connections today, doing the proper solder-and-heat-shrink method. When I was originally trying to get the engine running I threw it together pretty poorly... one soldered joint, one crimp connector, and the last one was just twisted and wrapped in tape. It held, I suppose, right?

But anyway, the colors did match up almost perfectly although their positions in each connector didn't. First off, I cut the CB's old MAP sensor circuit between that connector sitting on the front of the black box and where the wires disappear into the box itself, then utilizing that connector and the new one that came attached to the new sensor, I lazily made a subharness that kinda dangles out there in no-man's land. Feel free to loom it into the main harness for a cleaner appearance. On to wiring up the sensor: The CB's GRN/WHT wire matched up to the H22 sensor connector's GRN wire. The CB's WHT/YLW wire goes to the H22's WHT wire. And the final wire, I think it was YLW with... a stripe of some color, I think white... it needs to mate with the new MAP sensor's PNK wire.
                    Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-09-2012, 01:15 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

can you post pictures?

Comment

I took pics of my setup, and I think they explain everything:

Installed. Circled are the factory MAP connector and the spot where the wires going into the 'black box' were cut. Normally wires would run from that connector to that cut in the loom. I instead ran them from the connector to the new MAP sensor.

Some pics of my little harness (yes, it's much bigger than was necessary, haha!). Shows which wires were mated, and by association which pins on the connectors were mated if for some reason your wires are of a different color.

And when everything's tucked away to look clean. If anyone has gotten rid of the Black Box but still has a fully-functional EGR system, please PM me. I'd love to get rid of clutter where possible.
                        Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-22-2012, 01:40 AM. Reason: ...grammar

Accord Aero-R

Comment

thanks alot for the pictures man. it helps alot. yeah i want to get rid of the box too. i dont even care to have the egr system. im blocking off my egr valve soo yeah

Comment

Working...
                          X