Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Transmission Dilemma!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Dilemma!!

Hey guys and gals, its me Lokochon-CB7!

I recently joined cb7tuner.com just yesterday due to the fact that 1.) I own a cb7 lol and 2.) this is the place to be for any cb7 questions..

Now to get to the point, I need a little diagnosis help..

I truly appreciate help and I will give help back to the best of my ability.

I have a 92 Accord LX with an AT Tranny, and from the looks of it, my D4 light has been blinking since I've bought. However, it was dumb in my part for ignoring the light and it took me until NOW to realize that my transmission could be malfunctioning or is already malfunctioned.

I came to a few assumptions in which could make some sense.

1.) Either my TCU wiring is BLAH
    2.) UpperShift Solenoid needs replacing
    3.) Need to either rebuild my trans or replace.

But here is the problem, my car seems to get sluggish with the gears. When I park my car on a hill, and then I turn it on and reverse to a flat road, I can shift just fine but when I shift it to D4, it takes it a while for it to catch speed. and not only that, but when its in "sluggish" mode, it doesn't even go through the gears, it just keeps speeding up and revving up (which is scary). Is there anything that I may be able to do (besides taking it to the shop)?

Appreciate any comments, help and advice. After all, this is CB7 world. for the great of good

Hello and welcome to cb7tuner, at the top of this forum subsection there are what are called 'stickies' like the one that says 'read here first'. Have a peek in that thread and click the link for how to diagnose a check engine light. When you put a paper clip in the service connector, the d4 light will flash at you to provide you with the code(s) that are stored. Those codes will point you in the right direction. Once you have the code(s) post them on here and we can further point help you diagnose the issue.

If you happen to have 4+ codes stored, you very well could have a bad transmission computer (TCU), at which point you should review the thread in my signature labeled 'DIY: 90-93 TCU Fix'.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Appreciate it!! I will do just that.

I have never done the paper-clip method, so I hope that I do it correctly

Comment

Working...
      X