Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

JDM Fog Wiring Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM Fog Wiring Options

I finally found a pair of 92-93 fogs that I purchased, but they did not have the wiring harness. My question is what are the differences between the OEM wiring and a kit that can be purchased at an auto store? Advantages and disadvantages? Which way are yours done, and would you recommend it? Anything else I should know? Thanks so much in advance.

(I appologize if this was already posted. I tried searching, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for.)

Advantages...true plug and play. You don't have to wire into the battery, and it hooks into the fuse panel. All you have to do is ground the negative wire on the radiator support using the directions.

It also interacts with your high beams so that when your high beams are on the fogs shut off.

It's the easiest way to wire them in.

The disadvantage is you have to have your headlights on to have the fogs on...you can't just run them with the low beams on. I'm sure there's a way around that by playing around with the relay and which fuse panel plugs you use...but I never figured out how with my harness.

EDIT: If you don't have the harness, expect to pay a sizable amount for it. I've seen the harness alone go for $80-100 in the classifieds. At this point unless you've got your mind set on using the OEM harness, grab an aftermarket setup. My kit came from the junkyard with the harness, which is why I used it.
    Last edited by AccordWarrior; 03-11-2009, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
      Advantages...true plug and play. You don't have to wire into the battery, and it hooks into the fuse panel. All you have to do is ground the negative wire on the radiator support using the directions.

It also interacts with your high beams so that when your high beams are on the fogs shut off.

It's the easiest way to wire them in.

The disadvantage is you have to have your headlights on to have the fogs on...you can't just run them with the low beams on. I'm sure there's a way around that by playing around with the relay and which fuse panel plugs you use...but I never figured out how with my harness.

EDIT: If you don't have the harness, expect to pay a sizable amount for it. I've seen the harness alone go for $80-100 in the classifieds. At this point unless you've got your mind set on using the OEM harness, grab an aftermarket setup. My kit came from the junkyard with the harness, which is why I used it.
      Very true, and unfortunately I searched for months for a set and after I bought them I found a COMPLETE set, including harness, for literally half the cost the next day. Ah well, what can you do? At least I got them, and for that I am thankful! As for the harness, that is about what I had planned. I remember seeing a forum on here about someone who made and sold them for $60 I think it was. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I seem to suck at finding threads lately, even with the search.

Thanks again for all the info! I may just go with aftermarket...

Comment

pilot has a harness you could use for around 20

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

I have an aftermarket foglight harness I bought from a seller on ebay. Works wonders.
          Simple plug and play too and you can turn on and off the foglights when you want them.

Only disadvantage about it is that you're going to have an ugly ass switch on the dash lol.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I made my own harness and it ran me about $40 for everything and i even have an OEM switch.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
              I made my own harness and it ran me about $40 for everything and i even have an OEM switch.
              Don't suppose there's a thread on here about how to make them?

Comment

Originally posted by dxlst View Post
                or you can use pilot wiring harness kit from autozone...
                Id be really tempted to do that, but I have the fog switch and everything already. Im almost leaning towards finding an old harness for sale on the classifieds here.

Comment

Or, instead of using the ugly ass switches they come with, you can use the diy on here with the DA Integra switch. Those should be a lot easier to come by than the cb switch

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                    Or, instead of using the ugly ass switches they come with, you can use the diy on here with the DA Integra switch. Those should be a lot easier to come by than the cb switch
                    Haha. Linkage? (I need to work on my search skills here...)I have the switch and everything though so that's not the problem, just missing the wiring harness itself.

Comment

Ask and you shall receive

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130507

Comment

Originally posted by 93ArcadiaCB7 View Post
                        Don't suppose there's a thread on here about how to make them?
                        Waiting for a good samaritan to share his wisdom, lol!

Comment

im going to need some harnessing soon..really soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X