CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner "Off Topic"

Old 05-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #21
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
You could do that... but the VTEC crossover point can only be dropped so low before it becomes a "dead spot" in the powerband. Especially with those upgraded cams. The H23A1's lower compression ratio will likely exaggerate that dead spot even more. Keeping the RPM low would make performance less impressive, but it'd be better for reliability than revving the shit out of the bottom end, for sure!

In all, it's not a bad engine, I guess... but I wouldn't want one myself unless the oil squirters were added, the rod bolts were upgraded to ARP units (and possibly upgraded bearings, though I've heard of many "race" bearings failing long before stock ones... it's something I'd need to research more thoroughly), and higher compression pistons to regain some lost power. I've read that H22A Type S pistons will work without valve clearance issues, but I have no solid data to confirm it. I'd have to research that further as well.

Clearly, I haven't looked much into this swap, other than the reasons NOT to do it!

Also, if you have a stock ECU running this hybrid engine with Stage 2 cams and 450cc injectors... that could cause some serious issues! If that's the case, I'm amazed it even runs!

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #22
Matthyooz11
CB7tuner Member

Matthyooz11 is cool... so far.
I've got a programmable ecu but it hasn't been tuned yet, in the mean time I'm just trying to address the things I can so that the tuner might not have to do as much work and save me a little money. But I definitely appreciate all the input you've given me. Like I said I'm still pretty new to the game and I'd like to be able to try to work with it before I scrap the whole idea and start with a different motor, if nothing else for the learning experience
Matthyooz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #23
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
As long as it's not your primary vehicle, then it'll at least be a fun toy until it blows. Just do things smart, and learn from whatever mistakes you make. Hopefully we can keep you from making any serious ones! (like running it without a tuned ECU... seriously, that can really mess things up!)

At least when it blows, the cams will likely still be usable! Look into doing a full H22 in the future.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #24
Matthyooz11
CB7tuner Member

I'm constantly looking into different things. Haha, if I decide to start with a new motor I'm kind of leaning towards an f20b for the sleeves but I'm still not sure. Getting the h22 short block would probably be a lot easier on my wallet.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #25
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

FRM sleeves are superior to iron sleeves in many ways. They just aren't compatible with as many aftermarket pistons, and they aren't as easy to hone as iron. Still, with the proper pistons (such as Mahle Gold Series pistons), you can throw just as much power at FRM sleeves as you can stock iron sleeves, if not more. By the time you've reached the limits of the sleeves, you'd need to resleeve anyway... and that will cost the same regardless of which engine you use.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #26
Matthyooz11
CB7tuner Member

Huh, well thanks. I guess this is where I humble myself and be mindful of how much there is that I've still yet to learn. But in the mean time I've got plenty to work on with the car to keep me busy, the interior harness needs some attention as does most of the weather sealing and exterior. Ill keep you guys posted! Thanks for the advice deev
Old 05-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #27
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

No problem. I have a ton that I need to learn myself. I'm far from an expert!

Old 05-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #28
crazymikey
CB7tuner Member

crazymikey is very helpful crazymikey is very helpful
Lets see the wagon, or gtfo. We're all more interested in the wagon.
crazymikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #29
Matthyooz11
CB7tuner Member

It looks just like any other stock accord wagon, except the clear coat is flaking. I got it this week haha. Its really nothing to look at. I get there are cool wagons out there... Sadly, this is not one of those wagons. Not yet at least. lol.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:27 AM   #30
ferenza
CB7tuner Member

ferenza seems to have made some friends! ferenza seems to have made some friends!
That would be okay but with the gutted intake you wont have much low end power. Plus i dont think you will be getting full use out of your cams since the h22 revs are higher.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:43 AM   #31
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=510617

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #32
PakaloloHonda
Contributing Member

PakaloloHonda is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to PakaloloHonda Send a message via Yahoo to PakaloloHonda
Wow! Cool thread .. and welcome to the neighborhood Matt!
I'm just hanging out cuz I wanna see the wagon too ..

Oh and, I also wanna see what happens to Frankenstein ..
Man, I just learned a whole shitload too. Don't let Deev fool ya!
He may say he needs to learn more, but the cat knows just as much as Jesus!

Now give us a sneek peek at the wagon, or, the little kittah getz it!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon
PakaloloHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #33
Matthyooz11
CB7tuner Member

Well... I guess popular demand overrides my sense of pride so here she is. I've had it for like a week so cut me some slack haha.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #34
Matthyooz11
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
This is probably gonna be super helpful. Preciate dat!

Tags
cb7 , frankenstein , h22 , h23 , noob

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: