No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Raf99; 09-04-2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Finally!!!!!!!

Strange...my traction bar doesn't rub under full lock. Or does it, maybe I should go check that.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        Finally!!!!!!!

Strange...my traction bar doesn't rub under full lock. Or does it, maybe I should go check that.
        Please do check. No way i messed it up putting it back on as it came off in 1 piece. Can't see it being an alignment thing as it hits on both sides. Can't see anything else as everything else simply bolts together. Mind you the picture above it will hit the rubber but not the rim.

Comment

Had the alignment this morning at Acura. Running -1.5 camber all around, will see how this goes. Some creeking in the front only when i brake that I have to track down, already tightened all the bolts, and double checked them all. Other than that, the car runs great! Been driving it around for two days

Last edited by Raf99; 09-04-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Those wheels look way better!

I think you'll like a little camber. It really does benefit the handling, even on a street car.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
              Those wheels look way better!

I think you'll like a little camber. It really does benefit the handling, even on a street car.
              Thanks man! I really like them!

I noticed it handled different. Steering through turns was not only easier but fun. It takes less effort to handle the car now.

Sunday I went for a 3 hour long car cruise with a car group. The car did well. I blew a coupler off the intake under high boost, but that was an easy fix. I was also rubbing the tire on the rear drivers side and was not sure why. Once I got home I realized the fender stuck out a weird way inside the wheel well compared to the other side. So I grinded that down. Going to get a body shop to look into this for me. The tire is ok though

Comment

Such a peaceful moment. This is how I always end a day in the garage.

Well, that's if I didn't F*** something up. Then it's more like

Comment

I like simple odd number spoke wheels on these cars. Good choice in wheels.
                  *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                  ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                  ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                  "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                  The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                  Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    Thanks man! I really like them!

I noticed it handled different. Steering through turns was not only easier but fun. It takes less effort to handle the car now.

Sunday I went for a 3 hour long car cruise with a car group. The car did well. I blew a coupler off the intake under high boost, but that was an easy fix. I was also rubbing the tire on the rear drivers side and was not sure why. Once I got home I realized the fender stuck out a weird way inside the wheel well compared to the other side. So I grinded that down. Going to get a body shop to look into this for me. The tire is ok though
                    Yeah, a well thought out amount of camber goes a long way towards improving the car's turn-in and balance. I bet it was great to drive her for a while and get to push it a little.

After going back through the pics, i think the only stock piece left on your car is the shift knob! haha

Comment

But I will admit I'm not that happy with the suspension setup on the car. Currently running:

- Tein Super Streets (set to stiffest dampener)
                      - SPC +/-3.0 front camber kit
                      - Ingal rear camber kit
                      - 215/40/17 on 17" rim +38 offset
                      - camber = -1.5 all around
                      - new bushings all around
                      - new lower control arms all around
                      - ESP front traction bar

And........ , I'm still hitting like a bitch. On a smooth road its great! But on a patched, bumpy, dips, etc. on the road the car sucks. The front UCAs hit, the rear tires rub, and the new bushings are not forgiving at all. Yesterday I noticed alot of brake dust or tire dust on the front rims. So I think they may be rubbing as well. The tires also rub on the traction bar when doing a full turn.

Sooooo the plan to fix all this is:

- Do a fender roll on all 4 corners
                      - Also have a body shop cut and cap the top front fenders so the UCA does not hit

IF......, If I still have issues after this then I will swap the springs out for a stiffer spring.

Comment

I feel your pain...I've been wanting to cut a hole for a year now. That damned UCA always hits!! I don't see how these slammed CBs do it.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                          I feel your pain...I've been wanting to cut a hole for a year now. That damned UCA always hits!! I don't see how these slammed CBs do it.
                          Yep. I am stumped when people who are 2.5"-3" say they don't rub or bang. I say impossible!!! Not to mention the flex pipe rubbing on the ground. Then there's folks with -0 offset wheels AND lowered. No way I say!

Comment

I'm about 3 down. I don't hit, but I do rub. I also didn't address front camber so that's probably why.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                              I'm about 3 down. I don't hit, but I do rub. I also didn't address front camber so that's probably why.
                              With 3" down and no camber kit you should be smacking your UCA all day.

Comment

I promise I don't. I don't really hit anything big on my commutes though. Maybe a speed bump or two. I have F&F 1's on cd5 7 spokes with 205/60/15 tires if that helps. I just rub when turning hard.

Also, I love your car man. Quality build! Your new xxr's are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X