89 325i problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 325i problems

assuming this is the correct section to post this, I know a lot of my beloved CB7T'ers have a love for e30s. So I'm having an issue that I hope someone familiar with the m20 engine can help me out.

It's a 1989 325i 6L cylinder with motronic 1.1 i believe.

Its been out of commission for about 4 years due to the timing belt breaking and a remission of funds to get everything needed. So about a year and a half ago I got it put completely back together.

First problem, the fuel pump rotted out. Second problem the starter went bad. So I replaced the starter, picked up a used fuel pump from the junkyard (later turned out to be bad) and it ran for a brief while and was driving and idling fine. I just recently bought a walbro (sp?) fuel pump and retrofitted.

Now the car will start without having to get it gas and don't I miss the sound of the e30s already performance sound (bone stock). However it won't idle for anything. You can start it up and it'll rev up to about 2000rpms then slowly die. I've been told to check the ICV (idle control valve) but it's fine. It's clean and everything. But I'm thinking I'll go replace it anyway. But I don't know.

I just need some answers, I'll try to answer any questions you guys might throw back but as we all know, summer is almost here...

*EDIT*

I double checked for leaks past the AFM and didn't get much of a difference however after a few tries the car did idle but it was low and lopey for about 3-5 seconds then it died again. I sprayed carb cleaner around the areas to try and help pin point but still got nothing. It didn't spike the RPMs or anything... Adjust the tps?
    Last edited by Shay91Racer; 03-02-2011, 10:23 AM.
    Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
    Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
    Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
    Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

ICV hoses?
    Throttle position sensor?
    Even the ECU might be a culprit?
    Intake boot?

Going to have to get in there and do some diagnosing. These engine's it could be a million things causing your problem

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k View Post
      ICV hoses?
      Throttle position sensor?
      Even the ECU might be a culprit?
      Intake boot?

Going to have to get in there and do some diagnosing. These engine's it could be a million things causing your problem
      thats what I know I'm just going to have to see about that icv
      Member's Ride Thread

Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
      Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185

Comment

the tps is making sense as well... I'm balancing between those two, I'll test them with a meter and see.
        Member's Ride Thread

Comment

bump
          Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
          X