Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Parking Brake and Brake lamp out light(URGENT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking Brake and Brake lamp out light(URGENT)

Hi guys,
    I got in the car this afternoon after previously driving it before and for some reason the parking brake and brake lamp out light stays on whilst driving. I checked the reservoir and all the lights their is also fair brake pressure and we had the brakes them selves checked in an inspection a couple weeks ago. Anyone have any ideas on how i can fix it?
    Regards
    Thedatazoo

Hmmm the pads are good and pressures good just checked them.

Comment

Check the bases of the bulbs in the brakelamps. When they get worn down and are flattened out some, it can cause a false short, making the light come on. The bulb itelf is still good, and works, but the contact points have a higher level of resistance, making the car think the bulb is out. If any of the nubs on the bottom of the bulbs look worn, repace them and see if the problem goes away.

Comment

Maybe the light is just stuck on? It could be as simple as that. I had my Brake lamp light on, and had a light out. I fixed it and its still on.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
          Check the bases of the bulbs in the brakelamps. When they get worn down and are flattened out some, it can cause a false short, making the light come on. The bulb itelf is still good, and works, but the contact points have a higher level of resistance, making the car think the bulb is out. If any of the nubs on the bottom of the bulbs look worn, repace them and see if the problem goes away.
          The bulbs look good :/

Comment

Test the cap... Or get a new/used one.

Comment

It went off this morning by itself thx anyway guys

Comment

Working...
              X