Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Header? EBAY? H22a cb7 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
    Try finding a Fujitsubo (FGK), Limit A/X (Tanabe), Mugen, or any other JASMA approved header.
    Just don't buy a Jasma brand header. Some genius/jerkwad decided it would be a good idea to make a brand with that name, to capitalize on the fact that most tuners are ignorant of what JASMA really is (it's basically like the Japanese version of CARB, which must approve parts for use in order for them to be street legal.)
    JASMA approved means a product is made to strict specific standards. Jasma brand is a cheap, crappy knockoff not worth the $50 or so you'd spend on it. I'm not sure they sell H22A headers anymore, but just in case...

edit: it seems they don't even have a website anymore. However, used products are still likely on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      A header wouldn't cause a squealing... whistling, maybe.
      It's a weird sound. I took it to an exhaust shop, and he was wondering if the header had uneven lengths, or something like that. We didn't find any leaks, and I've narrowed to down to be the header...
      I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Dude this header looks amazing!! i wish i could run this setup!
        what down pipe is that??? so i can tryand piece somthing together

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
        Try finding a Fujitsubo (FGK), Limit A/X (Tanabe), Mugen, or any other JASMA approved header. They are a bit pricier, but fitment and quality is top notch. And being that they are not US spec, they do flow better, and actually make power, since they have a larger collector than DC or most generic stuff. I got lucky and scored a Fujitsubo for $120.

(I'm in the process of getting it polished and looking brand new again)

Putting my FGK side by side next to my friend's H22 headers, the difference is pretty crazy. He has a 1320 Performance Tri-Y, and another buddy had his PLM sitting there too. While their setups might make more power, they definitely don't have the craftsmanship the FGK does. The piping walls are much thicker, the welds are MUCH better, and overall fit and finish on the FGK trumps the others.

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastLife View Post
          Dude this header looks amazing!! i wish i could run this setup!
          what down pipe is that??? so i can try and piece something together
          Its an Accord Euro R spec FGK downpipe. I still have the other Prelude spec one that was polished to match. I just found this one after the fact and with the condition it was in, I couldn't pass it up.

the main reason I got the Euro R spec one is this....no dents on the downpipe at all.

Comment

I also have a Fujitsubo FGK Prelude spec header and downpipe, wish mine looked that clean though

Anyway the quality is amazing, has a small dent in the downpipe from previous owner but not a sign of bending or cracking otherwise. The welds has to be the best I've seen on a header ever, very high quality.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

You guys know where I can find one??

Comment

https://www.rhdjapan.com/search/mode...ds-and-headers

They have Fujitsubo and JUN. JUN is extremely high quality stuff. We don't talk about them very much around here, but if you can get your hands on JUN parts, they're likely worth every penny. (my only beef with the company is that they failed to respond to an inquiry I made about their pistons many years ago... though perhaps they just don't speak English, as I didn't even attempt to insult them with my awful Japanese.)

Comment

Here's the top portion for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-JDM-97-0...1ZAjh-&vxp=mtr

If you grab that, I'd be willing to sell you my spare downpipe portion.

Comment

I checked that one out. Yeah I would be interested
                    But I just bought a obx header and down pipe so i can get my swap up and running.
                    How long will you have it for ? The down pipe I mean cause I might have to grab it in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastLife View Post
                      I checked that one out. Yeah I would be interested
                      But I just bought a obx header and down pipe so i can get my swap up and running.
                      How long will you have it for ? The down pipe I mean cause I might have to grab it in the near future
                      I have it up on eBay, but don't really expect to sell it. I may end up keeping it, and down the road just use the flange so I can build a new downpipe with a larger collector. I'm not really pushing to sell it right now.

Comment

My situation is the same as toycar's more or less. My car came with a leaking flex pipe and no muffler (it was in the trunk actually), so I'm pretty much going to get the cheapest ebay full header back exhaust I can find. If the header looks like pure crap I'll keep using the stock 4 to 2 manifold and replace the rest down the line. However, I'm going to chop the fart can off and use either the muffler off my donor Accord or the stock muffler off my old Stratus RT.

Regardless the way I go with the header and muffler choice, the whole exhaust will be sprayed with high temp black and I may wrap the header.

I know the ebay stuff blows but when the car makes you a little dizzy if the windows arent opened that $130 full exhaust system starts to look real good lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X