X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back with my 2nd h22a swap

Hey cb7 people!
    Feels good to be back in the game! My new set up is a
    1992 ex sedan. Exterior is green, interior is tan. Overall body condition is 70% . The missing 30% due to famous quarter panel rust, passenger side quarter panel dent, driver side door (which looks like someone broke in, or locked the keys inside) and various minor dings.

I am planning to make this one something special.
    the Original f22 had a bad head gasket. The whole car cost me $500 bucks

I took the motor and trans OUT.
    This time i am looking to wire tuck any suggestions, tips or pointers.
    i plan on keeping power steering
    i don't plan on using AC, cruise control etc.
    Somebody gave me this wire tuck link http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=163221

Stay tuned.. i will be updating as the car progresses.
    Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-02-2015, 09:12 PM.
    a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
    out with the old and in with the new

Hey.. so i managed to pry a h22a from my boys hands for $250. He had it collecting dust in his garage for a long time, with plans to put it in a teggy. He ended up going gsr.

Brand new harbor freight engine stand cost me $65. It's rated for 1000 lbs. I used a cherry picker to get the engine in mid air then used transmission bolts to attach it to the stand.

Next, i removed all accessories. I want to over haul the motor and upgrade cams, pistons, and valve train when i take it apart.

When i took the oil pan off, it had lots of new parts.
    This included new pick up, sprayer thing, pistons, wrist pins, block guard, new cam shafts no trace of sludge.

I was like, "wow wtf this motor has been built" but i still cant identify if they were just new stock parts or upgraded .... i decided to leave it alone internally. I have 1 more h22 with a spun bearing.. i am better off building that. Also, a spare block.
    The red top is a obd2 h22a4 with the spun bearing.. the spare block is under all the junk.

The funny thing is i got this motor for $250, my friend had no history of the motor and had no idea it was in such GREAT condition. LOL ...You're probably thinking "what a steal". That's how i felt.

Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-02-2015, 09:18 PM.
    a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed

Comment

Okay so the original oil pan was steel and had a huge dent in it.
      I took the aluminum pan from the h22a4. I cleaned and sealed it up with a new oil pan gasket and silicone in critical areas.
      All my gaskets and special bolt needs were ordered from,
      Honda this site has best prices. http://www.hondapartscheap.com/?gcli...770BoChh_w_wcB

Last edited by jaykilla116; 03-30-2015, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Future Plans

Future Plans

skunk2 intake manifold (yes)
        Skunk2 throttle body. (yes)
        aem chamber intake. (yes)
        ks balance delete kit. (yes)
        Ks auto tension. (yes)
        Hondata thermal gasket (YES )
        K&N oil filter. (yes )
        aem cam gears 5 bolt (yes )
        SKUNK2 thermal tb gasket (yes )
        ACT streetlite flywheel. (Yes)
        Action clutch level 3. (Yes)
        aem rail & regulator. (Yes rail only)
        Stock+ injectors. (Yes may go with hig impedance )
        New stock crank pulley (yes)
        msd ignition setup (not yet)
        Timing belt. (yes)
        Tri y v2 header. (Not yet)
        Apexi cat back. (Not yet)
        Test pipe. (Not yet)
        mushroom filter breather. (yes)
        '95 M2F4 trans (yes)
        M factory lsd (Not yet)
        New internal coil dizzy. (Yes)
        Ngk wires and plugs. ( Yes)
        Haport mounts
        Innovative mounts.
        Last edited by jaykilla116; 03-10-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

last night's paint job

The objective last night was to clean and paint engine head and block. Mission accomplished

Materials used

Wire bush set
          Engine degreaser
          pick tool
          brake cleaner
          Paint tape
          razor blade
          Engine paint color of your choice i used cast iron.

CLEANED AND TAPED

AFTER 4 COATS.
          Last edited by jaykilla116; 03-26-2015, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Damn! When you say you're back, you mean you're BACK! Way to hit the ground running. Keep us posted.

Comment

thanks

Lol yeah thanks man i gained a lot of mechanical experience since my old cb7 in 2007 ... i been itching to put my new knowledge to use.... stay tuned

Comment

And he's back! I remember your old cb. What did you end up doing with it? I'm a north NJ member so I remember the old car back in. Do you still have the f22a6? Might need an external coil if your parting ways with it.

Comment

hey i definitely have external coils laying around and a bunch of other stuff

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                  And he's back! I remember your old cb. What did you end up doing with it? I'm a north NJ member so I remember the old car back in. Do you still have the f22a6? Might need an external coil if your parting ways with it.
                  hey man back when i had the old cb7 i went and got a 04 g35 coupe. My girl at the time lent me 1000 cash towards the down payment. One day she was getting on my nerves and i was like f##* outta here and i sold the blue cb7 for 1000. Biggest regret ever.

but yo i have loads of stock parts laying around i know i have more then one coil.

the snapshot lost some quality let me know if u cant read lazy to retype.

Comment

progress this past weekend

I was frustrated with working on the floor. I set out to home depot to buy a work bench. They did not have any so i figured maybe i could build one.

While i was in the store i Googled work bench plans and i found this website. http://www.familyhandyman.com/worksh...bench/view-all

In the link, you will find step by step plans for what u need and how to build this thing.

Here are some snap shots of the process.

Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-02-2015, 09:27 PM.

Comment

restore and modify f22a6 brackets

So today i decided to get the brackets off the f22a6. I used a bench wire wheel, sandpaper, and brake clean to prep the brackets. I decided to go with the f22 power steering pump, so i cut off the excess because you only use 2 bolts to mount it to the h22a. I used a larger nut to shim the bottom hole but first i sprayed 3 coats of vht epoxy black 250 f salt and corrosion resistance.

oh yeah those alternator bolts and hardware on the table are far from new, that wire wheel works magic 22 yrs of rust.
                      Last edited by jaykilla116; 03-30-2015, 02:06 AM.

Comment

tackled some things

I managed to put on a new water pump, oil pressure switch, re threaded engine temp sensor , due to the old one being broken off inside

i for got to take a few pics maybe i will update later.
                        Last edited by jaykilla116; 03-31-2015, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Awesome progress man. Keep it up. Glad u were able to put the work bench to use right away.
                          My System
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

Originally posted by tgdrums1990 View Post
                            Awesome progress man. Keep it up. Glad u were able to put the work bench to use right away.
                            Thanks man post for you guys and to look back upon memories.

So today the weather was freezing rain, so i put the heater in the garage. I decided to go to work on my skunk 2 intake manifold. Striped cleaned and preparing for paint insured i masked off import parts, such as threads injector holes pipes and ports. (Any one knows were i can find port and polish tips?) Also i swap cooling pipes from my other block because the h22a's was rusty i painted this as well. I ordered a hondata thermal gasket from ebay $55. The skunk2 thermal gasket was about $15 cheaper . Hd blue and sk2 white.. i choose hondata because i trust their claims and dyno results.

Last edited by jaykilla116; 03-31-2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

the mail is here

look what came in the mail.
                              Its all oem gaskets a few nuts and seals.

Comment

Working...
                              X