No announcement yet.

af_1132 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw your porting job, I'm excited for your progress, man.

Keep in mind that a Dynapack removes the drive wheels and attaches to each drive hub to make pulls. I have been told that it reads lower than other dynos like Mustang or Superflow.

That being said, I have 308k on the block, and I burn oil. Since the head is fully rebuit, I am thinking that the piston rings are worn out. I have yet to do a compression test, which is stupid, so that will be done next.

My plentum setup is definitely in need of a redo. I have double stacked plates with non-functioning IABs, so I have really long runners that are really big at first, then taper off due to the geometry of the runners, not good for power.

All that being said, I have pulled two 15.4s in the first 3 runs on the setup, so it just goes to show that HP doesn't determine everything.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
      I just saw your porting job, I'm excited for your progress, man.

Keep in mind that a Dynapack removes the drive wheels and attaches to each drive hub to make pulls. I have been told that it reads lower than other dynos like Mustang or Superflow.

That being said, I have 308k on the block, and I burn oil. Since the head is fully rebuit, I am thinking that the piston rings are worn out. I have yet to do a compression test, which is stupid, so that will be done next.

My plentum setup is definitely in need of a redo. I have double stacked plates with non-functioning IABs, so I have really long runners that are really big at first, then taper off due to the geometry of the runners, not good for power.

All that being said, I have pulled two 15.4s in the first 3 runs on the setup, so it just goes to show that HP doesn't determine everything.
      That is almost 500.000kms! Very impressive, and i think you can be sure about the rings being worn, then the output would make much more sense, even if the readings are a little low, you're probably making around 150ish at the wheel / 175 at the flywheel, which still is pretty decent (If not very impressive) for a half a million km engine. (2800lbs - 402m @ 15.4 - Not taking tranny ratios into account)

All that doublestacking and removal of IAB is absolutely useless in my world, especially since the exhaust ports in its stock form are pretty horrible, they flow 154cfm, and mildly portet almost 200cfm, you are most likely clogging/bottlenecking like f***, killing power, that combined with worn rings is most likely whats happening, i made some calculations, and the absolute optimal runner length for our engines is around 32 to 34 cm's or around 13" in your language, this will provide the best peak power @ 5800rpm area (F22A), and the results should be more than unimaginable, this calculation / theory will be put to the test next week.
      I would recommend a H22A plenum with H22A throttlebody, it gave me 10hp across the ENTIRE range, very impressive, that was with a DC Header and stock exhaust and a H22A catalytic converter. EDIT: My bad, Just checked, that was after the SPECD exhaust came on.

Keeping the IABs might even get you some low and mid power, the head flows no where near enough unless you install oversize valves, then things really change.

Intakes flows around 250cfm stock @ .400" lift, thats pretty decent numbers.

Sadly, i wont have time or money to flowbench my head, but i imagine the numbers could be impressive.

The idea is that the secondary pressure waves, with 13" runners, will hit RIGHT when the valves open, creating a Supercharger like effect (If you understand what i mean, keep in mind English is not my native language).

If im wrong, im gonna make around 155 to 160 whp, if im right, i could make as much as 180whp @ 9.8 CR, I've been studying peoples build intensively for the last 2 years, spending more than 1300hrs (100hrs a month) of reading and learning about the F series, my conclusion is the F22A is largely underestimated, probably due to its SOHC configuration and the H22A popularity, and that it needs a little head work to make proper power vs dropping in a H engine. Personally, I would never in my life swap an H series in a CB7, but im a SOHC fan my self, so yeah.
      Last edited by CB7Denmark; 06-17-2015, 11:07 AM.
      Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Thanks for the good build conversation, CB7Denmark.

It got me thinking long term, and I went through my build document, and it was in bad need of a revision and updates. Here is how it stands now: Live Build Document

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I made it last week, and it was awesome. It's interesting how many people care about this car at the strip. I guess it's because it's different for them.

My sweetie who actually supports this, just not my anxiety about it:

Here are the slips:

I made an improvement in every area that matters to me, especially my RT, which is down to .019. The 2.214 60' was nice as well.

The day after, my new starter arrived.

It's a genuine Denso rebuild. I have one in the CG5 and I love it.

Comparison with my old Mitsuba knockoff (most likely):

It was harder to install, due to it's larger volume and lack of long alignment tube, but it ran great. It's not the same as the characteristic Mitsuba starter sound, but it works for me!

Videos of drag racing will come next.
          Last edited by af_1132; 06-22-2015, 05:16 PM.

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I like the "kekekekeke" starting sound. Yes, that's what it sounds like to me.

That reaction time is great!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

The Denso starter sounds like "chaachachacha" at a lower pitch. I think I will miss the Mitsuba "kekekeke", if indeed that was a Mitsuba.

Thanks! I hope to keep all R/Ts down below .100 now.

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

nice numbers on the r/t and I too love the "kekekekeke" sound. Question I noticed in your engine bay picture that you still have the two solenoid harness for the a/c fan installed.(by the power steering reservoir) Any reason for keeping it, if I'm not mistaken its only a connector to disconnect it.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Isn't it time to start developing your Popeye arms by getting rid of the power steering?

Also, does the little misses ever get to drive it down the track? Must be nice having such a supportive partner.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                    nice numbers on the r/t and I too love the "kekekekeke" sound. Question I noticed in your engine bay picture that you still have the two solenoid harness for the a/c fan installed.(by the power steering reservoir) Any reason for keeping it, if I'm not mistaken its only a connector to disconnect it.
                    Oh, so that's what those are . Well, I'm going to go take those out now, haha! Thanks for the tip!

Originally posted by tishock View Post
                    Isn't it time to start developing your Popeye arms by getting rid of the power steering?

Also, does the little misses ever get to drive it down the track? Must be nice having such a supportive partner.
                    I so wish there was a drop in manual rack for these cars. I don't want to loop the lines, because everyone who does becomes really tired of it after a while. I've heard that play is introduced by those who fully convert to manual rack, and it's tedious. What I really want is to get together with a few of you to develop an electronic power steering rack, not that this would be ANY less tedious. Nevertheless, full manual rack conversion is one of the first parts of stage 3 for this build.

Misses drive it down the track? No way, haha! I probably could let her try, but she has no idea how much different this kind of pressure increase feels to drive on her left foot. She can be passenger whenever I'm not trying to lower my E.T, though.

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                      Oh, so that's what those are . Well, I'm going to go take those out now, haha! Thanks for the tip!
                      There goes another pound of weight reduction
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I also have been meaning to post about your super clean bay as well as the a/c subharness. It starts out as an 8 pin connector w/ 7 wires that's tucked under the p/s reservoir. Eliminating the subharness will also remove the 2 relays in front of the p/s res as well as a fair amt of clutter. You're so right too, simple green is awesome. Keep up all the great work + thanks for the positive outlook and your contributions to this forum!

Comment

Well, thank you for your encouragement! I was wondering about the connector/relay bolted to the frame farther down than the solenoids, and the little plastic thingy in line with the main harness also right near the solenoids. Now, I know I can just get rid of all of that!

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

The sub harness is now out

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I thought about EPS. I don't know if a retrofit would be easy though...I guess with the right amount of hacking, anything is possible

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Isn't that another CB7 to right of the pewter green Civic? How did it do that day?

Comment

Working...
                                X