Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
    White balance is a feature that a lot of people look over when taking pictures. I dont know what kind of white balance adjustment you have with a point and shoot, but I normally always shoot a custom white balance for the lighting that im in.
    The shots you posted arent bad. Snapshotish, but not bad at all. The first is slightly overexposed. You lost all of your details in your whites. Try backing down the flash or lowering the exposure in post.
    i dont think its a point and shoot camera. having all the different modes it has doesnt make it a P&S. the Finepix from Nikon is a point and shoot. all those little skinny cameras are point and shoot. not this

but ill do the adjustments tho.

i did raise the exposure a little bit. ill mess with the white balance later.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
      i dont think its a point and shoot camera. having all the different modes it has doesnt make it a P&S. the Finepix from Nikon is a point and shoot. all those little skinny cameras are point and shoot. not this
      I beg to differ. Although it is a "super" point and shoot, its still a point and shoot. I have 10 different modes, including manual on my Sony Cybershot DSC-W100. It can take some decent pictures, but its still a point and shoot.
      You still have the lens contained inside the body, and its not detacheable. It doesnt have a hot shoe. Im sure there are more, but thats all I can come up with. Its still a suped up p&s.

1999 Honda Prelude
      Photography Site

Comment

I'd have to agree with zelseman on this one. There are some higher end point and shoot cameras that actually have a hot shoe mount but the fujifilm you have is a point and shoot. Usually a dslr allows for changing lenses, and has a larger sensor. It also has a physical mirror that allows you to look throgh the actual lens as you compose a shot. These are just a few points but that doesn't mean you can't take decent photos with a p&s.
        The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
        Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
        Check out my JDM F22B swap
        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

I beg to differ. Although it is a "super" point and shoot, its still a point and shoot. I have 10 different modes, including manual on my Sony Cybershot DSC-W100. It can take some decent pictures, but its still a point and shoot.
          You still have the lens contained inside the body, and its not detacheable. It doesnt have a hot shoe. Im sure there are more, but thats all I can come up with. Its still a suped up p&s.
          Originally posted by cb7wagonPL View Post
          I'd have to agree with zelseman on this one. There are some higher end point and shoot cameras that actually have a hot shoe mount but the fujifilm you have is a point and shoot. Usually a dslr allows for changing lenses, and has a larger sensor. It also has a physical mirror that allows you to look throgh the actual lens as you compose a shot. These are just a few points but that doesn't mean you can't take decent photos with a p&s.
          lol. its cool. wasnt getting mad or nothing. lol. and good point. it is just a point and shoot. just like zelseman said: a suped up one. lmao. i plan on getting a D40 soon tho. found them for cheap on Ebay. hopefully that will allow for better details and more function control.

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
            Isn't that Awe_Shiets car? I remember the hit and run story.
            No it's not Omars (Aww_Shiets) car, but the funny thing is it's owned by my other friend who's name is Omar also.
            ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

some randoms from work... i rarely post up stuff from work so what the hell.

just some from last night....

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

some nice pics Jspec. question tho. how do you get those lights like in this pic:

i see those in a few pics and i wonder how people do it.

Comment

its a product of moving the camera while in mid exposure when u are using a flash.... for that i had the shutter open longer and spun the camera...

The Chronicles.

Comment

but whered the light come from? lol.

Comment

its the light from the mixer and if u look closely u can see where it starts... and one of the trails is from the light on the turntable...

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                        its the light from the mixer and if u look closely u can see where it starts... and one of the trails is from the light on the turntable...
                        oooooooooooooooooooooooo

ok. lol. dag. nice pics man. very nice. is this what you do as a profession?

Comment

yeah... i shoot nightclubs, events, parties, weddings, and car magazines haha..

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                            yeah... i shoot nightclubs, events, parties, weddings, and car magazines haha..
                            and making bank doing it. nice job man. lol.

i plan on getting a D40 soon. what lenses would you suggest i get? what would a normal price range be for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                              and making bank doing it. nice job man. lol.

i plan on getting a D40 soon. what lenses would you suggest i get? what would a normal price range be for them?
                              This is the same as all the "what camera should I buy" threads. What do you take pictures of? Once you know what you shoot, buy lenses and accesories based on that.

Dont bother a master with your questions. haha

1999 Honda Prelude
                              Photography Site

Comment

This is the same as all the "what camera should I buy" threads. What do you take pictures of? Once you know what you shoot, buy lenses and accesories based on that.

Dont bother a master with your questions. haha
                                lmao. fine then. ill bother you

and of everything. dogs. cars. buildings. people.

Comment

Working...
                                X