CB7Tuner.com Custom Shift Knobs - POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the input Mike.
    Personally I hate doing group buys (as a seller and as a buyer), but that may be an option. OR at the least do a pre-order or deposit to cover some of the initial cost while they are being produced.
    Financially I don't mind going out on a limb to some degree (keychains for instance), but when we're talking a few thousand on something that only a handful may purchase...

Over the few weeks I've been using them, playing with them, etc.. I have zero concerns with durability of the polymer one with one exception, the color fill. It's not clear coated, enamel filled, or anything like that, so some of the silver has come off of it. Mind you it has not actually been installed or used, it's just been tossed around the car, sat on my desk... so a color fill on the polymer would have to be revised to something that will last/hold up better than just the paint that was used.

A second poll may be a good idea to gauge the actual interest. See how many would be committed to buying one vs. maybe buy one. That again would fall back to '...well what shape/look/style will it be?" questioning, so a conclusive design really needs to be worked out before proceeding I guess.

Designing a single product for niche market that needs to be broad enough so that a majority of people will want it... sounds like a damned if I do, damned if I don't sort of situation.

If I have some time over the weekend I can wrack my brain over this more.
    I think I've pushed it off due to my AC and other things that were going on over the last few weeks and I honestly want to get this back on track or kill it so it's not just hovering over me.
    Thanks again Mike, it's GREATLY appreciated!
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

I think I comes down to you can't please everyone. So I think a poll between the two and you decide on the material since you are the only one who is actually handling the testers right now. Then based on that poll you make one.
      Last edited by Grumpys93; 09-08-2017, 09:14 AM.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

What I may do is just pick a path I think is best, get them made, and see what happens. If all goes well enough with a first run, maybe a second run (different from the first) could be worked out.

Of course I will pass it by Mike before anything is made because he has final say what CB7Tuner.com gets slapped on.

Comment

A decision might have to be made in lieu of poling if it makes the difference between having it made vs. not. Is there any price difference between machining the two different shapes? Maybe go with the cheaper of the two to start? The same could probably be said about materials, I'm just really partial to metal (if you couldn't tell already lol) but, like I said, if it means getting it made vs. not then I'd defer to the concensus. If poling is the way we go, images of the final prototypes may help in narrowing it down to one design?

If you go the pre-order route give me a pm.

Comment

Given my preference isn't an option (as of yet) I'd still be willing to buy one to support the site. I guess my choice would depend on what the options are but my next choice would be a round/ball style.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              What I may do is just pick a path I think is best, get them made, and see what happens. If all goes well enough with a first run, maybe a second run (different from the first) could be worked out.

Of course I will pass it by Mike before anything is made because he has final say what CB7Tuner.com gets slapped on.

Sounds cool.

Comment

Is this idea dead Jon?
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

For real,whats the deal on these sick shift knobs that I'd love to have?
                  PS,the mugen slim looks pretty comfortable/versatile
                  Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
                  dmfb919

Comment

Not dead, just extremely delayed.

I have a few things that I need to get taken care of. I just launched my website, so adding products, pictures (huge undertaking), content, etc. is priority.

I also have to figure out a way to cut costs on getting these knobs made. Quality is number one of course, but there is a limit most people will spend on a shift knob for a almost 30 year old vehicle. CB7 owners aren't known for being rich.

Comment

Good to hear it's not dead. Been looking forward to one of these. And no, we may not be rich but, at this point, most of us that are still left definitely think these cars are worth the time/effort/money.

Comment

I see Jon hasn’t logged in since March is everything ok with him?
                        ~Nick~

Comment

Round or Type R, Titanium or Stainless.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Hopefully he's just busy.

Comment

Working...
                            X