Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Common ECU tuning Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common ECU tuning Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Welcome to the ECU Tuning Sub forum.
    This Sub forum is the place to Ask questions reguarding Custom ECU tuning.
    Please Note - ECU tuning is done at your own risk, and CB7Tuner.com will not be held responsible for any issues that arise due to ecu tuning faults.

First things first, We assume ALL of you have read the rules.
    If you make a thread / post that goes against the rules, it will be dealt with accordingly. The rules can be seen by clicking the link below.
    CB7Tuner.com Forum rules, PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND HERE FIRST

ECU tuning is one of the high-end car modding skills. This is not something to take lightly, as it can do some serious damage to your car if done improperly. Take this warning to heart! At this time, there are very few truly accomplished ECU tuners on this board. In time, I hope more emerge... hopefully because of this forum!
    However, due to the lack of experience, be VERY careful who you listen to! I cannot stress this enough. If you don't KNOW someone to be knowledgable in this area, don't take their suggestions without first understanding what they tell you. THEIR mistake could blow up YOUR engine!

The moderators of this forum, MRX and Accord R33 and d112crzy have already established themselves as ECU tuners on this board. They have done their research, they have practiced extensively, and they have had good results. Even so, they do not know everything either! They DO have enough sense to know their limits, but even that doesn't mean they can't make a mistake or two from time to time!

Basically, what I'm saying is this... don't come here looking to be spoon-fed. If you want to learn, those who know more than you will provide you with the tools. This forum is intended to be a resource for those who want to learn the art of tuning. Effort WILL be required on your part! If you come here asking for someone to stuff knowledge in your head while you sleep, your post will probably be ignored.

So, have fun, learn something, and be careful! If you don't know EXACTLY what you're talking about, don't try to help someone... good intentions are worthless without good information, and serious damage could result!

Basic Engine Management 101
    .bin file/basemap directory
    Tuner Directory
    ECU Chipping and Tuning FAQ** READ BEFORE POSTING**
    Ignition Timing and EGT's
    Last edited by evil_demon_01; 05-26-2011, 04:12 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.
Working...
X