This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stright Success
    They are not on all the time, I can turn them off/on whenever I want just like my headlights. Car on/off I can turn them on/off. I sometimes like driving with just either my fogs on or my fogs and parks when the sun starts to go down. Or if I'm in the park for some quick 1 night love, I can turn on my fogs and the radio with my car not on (low lighting so not to disturb ova people having sex) and handle my business.

And behold, the day I made that f-ing post is the first time I've ever forgot to turn them off. What are the odds. Left school and battery was dead. Imma just look at the wiring diagrams and wire it up to the dink-ump-dink-ump sound if I leave them on.
    Ok you can do all that by just turning your parking lights on as to why you don't understand that. Your car doesn't have to bee on for them to come on just turn your headlight switch once and when the parking lights come on your fogs will be on. Its better that way you will hear the ding- dum sound because your parking lights are still on
    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by slick
      Ok you can do all that by just turning your parking lights on as to why you don't understand that. Your car doesn't have to bee on for them to come on just turn your headlight switch once and when the parking lights come on your fogs will be on. Its better that way you will hear the ding- dum sound because your parking lights are still on
      Solution, leave it wired as is so I can turn on my fogs even without my park lights. Then just wire the +12 feed from switch indicator on/off light to the dink-ump, dink-ump wire.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I used this topic to wire my lexus fogs on my CB. I used the OEM switch & an autozone relay.

very helpful topic!

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti View Post
          I have a question. You used 16 guage wire right throughout the install right? Where did you mount the relay under the hood so that it is not prone to heat/moisture? And how do you tap into the pins in the fusebox under the driver's side? Do I just shove the wire in under the fuses? Thx
          BUMP on this. Can you just plug the wires right in or should you use like male-end connectors

Originally posted by flyinlow View Post
          My Edm harness goes: 2 wires from each fog(1 blue/red stripe) and (1 black) the black forms into 1 ground.Then I have the blue/red striped that goes to the rest of my harness that goes through the firewall into the car. which has two plug-ins that go underneith of the dash and then that goes to the switch.
          I could take pics of it if need be.
          Thats how mine is; a ground and red/blue wire from the fogs, the 2 grounds form into 1 black(w/ brwn stripes) and then after the 2 red/blue join, they form into a plug. Then that plug is just 1 red/blue wire... The guy i bought them from said it was everything i need in front of the firewall...

And SPDT relays are cheap and found at any store, right?

Timmys diagram is good, but i dont know a damn thing about wiring. I know +/-, switches and maybe relays. But you start talking about 12v's and this and that and im lost. Id probably do better with a diagram made from MSpaint.

I just know the wiring i have is like a "Y". 1 single red/blue that splits into the fogs.

I figure all i need is the relay, maybe a fuse, the switch, some pins/connectors and the rubber boots.

BTW, anybody running fogs without the rubber boots around the fogs...?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I need to do this too, but I'm suck a noob at wiring. So none of this makes and since!! lol
            Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
            CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
            Coupe MRT

Comment

How's this look?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I bought a foglight kit brand new from Honda and my dash button doesnt dim.
                Also the plugs in the fuse box are all the same
                As in, when I plug it into number 3, number 2 does the same thing and so on.
                The dash button, lights up when the lights are on and the fogs work correctly.
                But when you go to dim the dash, the button stays totally lit
                Your man for wiring solutions!
                CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                  Thats how mine is; a ground and red/blue wire from the fogs, the 2 grounds form into 1 black(w/ brwn stripes) and then after the 2 red/blue join, they form into a plug. Then that plug is just 1 red/blue wire... The guy i bought them from said it was everything i need in front of the firewall...

I just know the wiring i have is like a "Y". 1 single red/blue that splits into the fogs.
                  Yep that is how the OEM wiring runs. I just pulled one off at the junk yard. But where the OEM relay is at I'm not sure, I couldn't find it as I didn't have time to look for it but the wire went underneith the engine compartment fuse panel somewhere.

Edit: I just found this, compete OEM instructions on fog light installation http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...g+light+wiring
                  Last edited by 4CYLPOWER92; 12-20-2008, 02:22 AM.

My swap thread
                  Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

When I did mine, I only used harness"B", which is the one that connects the two fog lights.

-I used a relay from the OEM fog light switch.
                    -The switch gets power from position 2.
                    -12v constant to 30 on relay w/15A fuse
                    -Ground to 85 on relay
                    -12v out from switch to 86 on relay
                    -12v out from 87 on relay to harness "B"

Hope this helps some.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by CB3 View Post
                      Thanks cp[mike], good to know.

If anyone is doing this for the first time and has decided not to use a harness of any sort, I discovered that by following timmyOtool's diagram and cp[mike]'s switch diagram this can be done by simply wiring it together. I am totally inexperienced with this sort of thing so if I can do it, anyone can.

My fog lights had different pigtails on each. One had a power and a ground and the other had a power and two grounds. I connected both power wires together in parallel and the ground wires in series because there is no place to ground the lights on the bumper. At the switch I connected "A" and "C" together and took that to pin #2 in the fuse box. I connected "B" and "D" together and grounded that to the body.

I don't know if this will be of any help to anyone, but it would've helped me.
                      Is this why my switch light isn't turning on ?

The fogs work great and only turn on when I have the key in which is nice.

I can't get the switch light on.

I even took the bulb out and made sure it worked in the hazards switch and it does. :-)

I tried connecting the constant lead to pin 5 and its still not coming on that appearently is a "constant"".

Do I need to splice together the switched & constant from the switch ....to pin 2 in the fuse area ?

That's what Im reading from above right?
                      Last edited by Taurians' Ryde; 07-22-2010, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X