Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ESP Motor mount install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESP Motor mount install question

Whats up cb7tuner, wondering if people who have installed these mounts could chime in.
    Here is a picture of the issue im having. The driver side mount does not sit flush with the motor mount bracket because of the bubble in it. did you guys grind this flat or am i doing something wrong?

IMAG0015 by pyroman89, on Flickr

Thanks for your help guys!
    Originally posted by Quashish
    Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
    Quashish dictionary
    Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
    To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

dont have those..but I wouldnt grind on the motor side mount..that would look to make it weak..what if you stacked washers between the two so its flush? or cut a piece of aluminum plate to fit in there instead of stacked washers?

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
      dont have those..but I wouldnt grind on the motor side mount..that would look to make it weak..what if you stacked washers between the two so its flush? or cut a piece of aluminum plate to fit in there instead of stacked washers?
      Im thinking doing so might throw off the alignment of the motor in the engine bay. I know it would be very minimal but im not sure if it would affect anything. If i were to grind down the hump, i would have the hole welded then ground down to create the flush surface. They are mentioned to be direct bolt on thats why im concerned that either im doing something wrong or the product was made incorrectly. thanks for your input!
      Quashish dictionary

Comment

thats not the right mount I dont think.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by TracieS View Post
          thats not the right mount I dont think.
          The mount in question is on the right in the aforementioned picture. im stumped
          Quashish dictionary

Comment

ok..the alignment issue i feel ya on that, so why not trim off just enough on the new mount to clear the hump, that areas not even holding any load and your not chewing away into the area where the bolts at. maybe the motor side mount is different than the jig they use to fab up the mounts

oh and i think the car side of the mount is cast iron, so itll be a hell of a time doing any welding on that
            Last edited by illinois_erik; 06-11-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

well it either could be the wrong mounting bracket or could it be upside down?
              Click Here To Check Out My Ride
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137030

Comment

Just took this pic. Looks like that's just the way it is. I installed my mounts more than 6 years ago and no issues. Also with all 3 mounts and the traction bar with torque mount, you can be asured that our f22 isnt moving. Sorry it isnt very clear but it was hard to get my phone to focus in the dark.

Last edited by Tishock; 06-12-2012, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
                  Just took this pic. Looks like that's just the way it is. I installed my mounts more than 6 years ago and no issues. Also with all 3 mounts and the traction bar with torque mount, you can be asured that our f22 isnt moving. Sorry it isnt very clear but it was hard to get my phone to focus in the dark.

Thanks for the pics tishock! i did get the traction bar with torque mount! i know im gonna need it haha

edit: I just spoke with John from esp and he said to grind the hump flush so the mount sits flat. Im not sure what that hole may be used for and neither did John but in the picture tishock provided, something is bolted to it. Does anyone know what that may be?
                  Last edited by choppacity; 06-13-2012, 06:28 PM.
                  Quashish dictionary

Comment

Originally posted by choppacity View Post
                    edit: I just spoke with John from esp and he said to grind the hump flush so the mount sits flat. Im not sure what that hole may be used for and neither did John but in the picture tishock provided, something is bolted to it. Does anyone know what that may be?
                    Its a S shape bracket (see pic), from the engine mount area to the block.

Comment

Hmmm thats weird, neither one of my motors came with that kind of bracket. is yours possibly an A6? both of mine are A1s. seems like just an extra support of some sort for the block
                      Quashish dictionary

Comment

Yes it's an A6.

Comment

That bracket is on all f22 engines. It connects the head to the motor mount. The mounts are designed for the H22 which does not have that hump. Instead, there is a bracket in the middle of the mount that is connected to the head
                          2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                          VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                          VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                          The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                          August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                          X