Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

valve adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
    dude i don't know why this iphone will not let me see videos uploaded here but it used to work ,, androids all day ,, send me the URL
    Dude,
    Not just you. Even I can't see my own post video. But I make it into a link. I thought because I got rid of Java. But it's not that.

Comment

idk ,, also restrictions of any kind can be diagnosed as ticking or tapping ,, i cleaned my IACV and FITV and re adjusted the base idle and that made it a bit more quiet and starting RPMs are around 1500 which i've read is good ,, warms up in 3-5 mins depending on weather
      10th Anniversary Accord.
      05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Our F22 is always going to have ticking. I just want to compare to others to see if I should tighten them up a little or not.
        Thanks.

Comment

Here's the video man ,, i was holding it in D4 just to see if it was loud but its actually more silent when i hold it in gear than when i put it in park.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wv_vRmkySKM
          10th Anniversary Accord.

Comment

It ticks about as mine. How many miles you got on the motor?

Comment

a bit more than 165xxx ,, i got it last summer with 144xxx so since August 1st ive put over 20,000 miles only on weekdays. I dont drive it on weekends unless i have to.
              10th Anniversary Accord.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
                a bit more than 165xxx ,, i got it last summer with 144xxx so since August 1st ive put over 20,000 miles only on weekdays. I dont drive it on weekends unless i have to.
                Dude, that is a lot of miles on the car. I barely put 1100 miles since June of last year. No job, no drive any where. Lol.

Comment

my brother gives me 20 for gas and the guy i carpool with gives me 25 and that's 30 for gas and the rest for me to buy things for the car if it needs it
                  10th Anniversary Accord.

Comment

It seems like my gas mileage is improving. When I had my last tank less than a half, I managed from 20 to 22 MPG. Now on a new full tank, the meter seems to stay put toward full longer. We'll see when this tank is gone. It'll be a while as I don't work and it takes longer to empty it. Most of the driving is in the city too.

Comment

Thanks for the write up
                      I did this today using this and the ericthecarguy video

I also noticed the pictures were not working, so I took a few while I was doing it (maybe they can replace some with broken links):

when I removed the wires and plugs

removed distributor cap (removed air filter to access lower screw)

then removed valve cover

I used wrench a to turn motor counterclockwise

when the arrow on the sprocket was nearing straight up

I slowed down and lined up the notches on the gear with the cylinder head

and made sure the distributor rotor was pointing at wire one (couldn't find marks on flywheel)

I used the feeler gauges to check the gaps according to spec

I didn't adjust most of them because they felt just right to me. 2 intake valves were too loose, and a few exhaust ones were too tight, so I backed them off. Hardest part for me was breaking the screw loose from the nut, I got a better screwdriver and got it done.

oh, you should make sure the torque wrench handle is tight, and don't over tighten the valve cover bolts
                      Last edited by DCB7; 04-14-2014, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X