Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Ram Air Intake Install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram Air Intake Install?

Sorry if you think this is a dumb question. I just want to make sure I do this right.
    What are all of these part for when I install my short air intake? (4 hose clamps, 2 metal brackets, 2 rubber pipe cover things)

I searched for a while and couldn't find anything (even googled it) lol

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
    "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Originally posted by Hondalover View Post
    I searched for a while and couldn't find anything (even googled it) lol
    Really?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=619
    Just skip the steps that have anything to do with the underside of the car.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Thanks. That still doesn't answer my question about all of the hose clamps and rubber... lol

"Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

Well I know where the rubber goes now. But what about the metal brackets?
        and yes I did look.

Comment

Thanks. That still doesn't answer my question about all of the hose clamps and rubber... lol
          The "rubber" replaces the stock breather hose:

One hose clamp goes here:

The other goes on the intake end:

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Well I know where the rubber goes now. But what about the metal brackets?
            I didn't use the metal brackets. They're useless IMO.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
              I didn't use the metal brackets. They're useless IMO.
              Well that's weird. Thanks!

Comment

Well that's weird. Thanks!
                Here's one installed:

(Looks like ass)

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I agree. That looks like crap.
                  I will try it without the brackets also

Comment

i saw ur title and i thought u were doing ram air. thats when muscle cars had small hood scoops that exited over the intake to draw in colder air.

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                    And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

This brings back an idea ive had floating around for years.

And yeah, that bracket does look like ASS. Be careful though, cuz in my (EX) the pipe is resting on what i believe to be AC or PS lines and over the years, theyve rubbed a hole in my intake pipe. If youre not careful itll also sit on a spark plug wire...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

mine also came with the brackets, I see no use for them...maybe if you had the entire CAI with the lower tube you might want them for support but for just the one shorter pipe...no need
                        ____

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                          This brings back an idea ive had floating around for years.

And yeah, that bracket does look like ASS. Be careful though, cuz in my (EX) the pipe is resting on what i believe to be AC or PS lines and over the years, theyve rubbed a hole in my intake pipe. If youre not careful itll also sit on a spark plug wire...

Very true, pulled off my short ram and noticed there was about to be a nickel sized hole on my intake, have no idea how that happens though, looked like somone took it off and tried filing a hole into it.

My New Ride
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Working...
                          X