What are some options?

I found this...

Accord PXO - standard F22 tcu
    long gearing

Accord P0J - f23 v-tec
    long gearing

Accord P0N - JDM Accord SiR H22a v-tec
    P14 like gearing not aggressive as prelude h22a gearing

Prelude P12 - standard F22 (prelude S base)
    More aggressive than regular P0X gearing

Prelude P14 - Prelude Si
    Middle gearing

Prelude P19(JP13) - Prelude v-tec
    Shorter gearing
    I dont know that the P19 or P0N would do any good. I dont wanna have to switch ECUs, would just like longer gearing/shift points.

The concerns i had were running a TCU from a VTEC motor/tranny and getting codes for VTEC oil pressure or knock sensors.

This is a DD that im looking to put a little "zing" into, lol. Maybe get a few more fun runs in the last few years of its life.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

OK here are my experiences with the P19 on the F22a1 automatic. First off you should know that the shift lock wont disengage. So you will have to tie wrap the lock or do the wiring. Its easier to do the tie wrap. As far as shifting goes, it will shift at 2k rpm. You throw it into sports mode and it will shift right about 3.5k rpms. Now when you using sport mode the TCU wont shift at 6k rpm at WOT and will bounce off rev limiter and then shift. When not in sports mode it will shift at 6k rpm. This is what happened to mine, not sure about the others.

Comment

I dont have Sports Mode and im also wodering if it matters what motor/ECU you have.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
        OK here are my experiences with the P19 on the F22a1 automatic. First off you should know that the shift lock wont disengage. So you will have to tie wrap the lock or do the wiring. Its easier to do the tie wrap. As far as shifting goes, it will shift at 2k rpm. You throw it into sports mode and it will shift right about 3.5k rpms. Now when you using sport mode the TCU wont shift at 6k rpm at WOT and will bounce off rev limiter and then shift. When not in sports mode it will shift at 6k rpm. This is what happened to mine, not sure about the others.
        how do you tie wrap the lock? and where is it found? im getting a p19 on saturday and i didnt even know i had to do this.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

x2. Im looking for a direct swap, no funky rigging or anything like that, lol.

Comment

TCU's do not control gearing, that is built into the mechanical design. This information needs to be re-written.
            Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-29-2010, 01:02 PM.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

are we talking about a p19 tcu on a f22a1 transmission ? or a p19 tcu on a f22ax engine with h22 tranny ?

because i have an h22 tranny on a f22b1 so the tcu should work perfect with mine right?

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

The info i quoted in the OP i got from Kurobei.

Im talking about f22a6 on the stock PT3/PT6 ECU. I want to ffind out if there is a different TCU i can use to change shift points. Be it higher, for longer gears or lower for quick, "track" -like gearing.

Comment

Stick to a 90-91 Sports mode TCU from an Accord. It has a 4k rpm shift point under normal acceleration. You will need to wire up the sport mode to a button on the shifter plate. I went and got a square red button from radio shack and installed it next to P R N D etc. Check out my members ride thread so you can see what I speak of. What you have it out doing that, it would be a great time to rip out that blue film and install an amber bulb. Some people dont know it but the ECU doesnt have much to do with the shift points. Its all in the TCU. My P28 was changed to a manual one and my auto shifts and does fine.

Comment

I might do the bulb as i was thinking of doing a faux-boot anyway. I was looking at either a p13/p14 ycu or even an auto p28.

Comment

Why do you need an auto P28?????

Honestly I would just get the Accord TCU with sports mode. When I had mine in the 92, it would shift at 4k rpm under normal acceleration which is the most you are going to get. Other than that, I wouldnt bother with a prelude TCU.

Comment

Yeah.

I once saw a video, years ago, on here, of a member with an auto and i think a p72 and theyre chirping gears, lol.

Comment

Yea I beleive there is an H22a auto on here that barks second. My wagon will scratch second on the F22a auto tranny but that was after I installed the cam.

Comment

If it wasnt auto H22, it mightve been auto f22. I forget, lol, but definitely a cool way to go.

Comment

Just speaking from experience with a stock 91 SE with sport mode, under WOT, it'll redline in every gear and goes from 0-80mph relatively quickly and my car is bone stock other than a cone filter.

I'm quite impressed with the performance of this tranny for an automatic, but there is absolutely no comparision to a 5 speed cb7 which feels about 10 times faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X