Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Perfect color match for your CB7.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctrain103 View Post
    I thought that phoenix red was an oem color?
    For 9091 models it was. The link he showed us is for the 1993 accords. To the left there should be a tab that lets you choose years.

Comment

I just went to napa and bout two 20oz. cans of color matched frost white for like $34 dolla make you holla.

Rip It Up
      Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Cool! I think i might try this stuff
        <-- MRT

Comment

Thank you Sordz for the guidance on the VIN info... I'll be using the VIN to buy the correct color shade.

Comment

I found out that the color code is acually in the door jam as well, here is an example from Automotive Touch Up website... http://www.automotivetouchup.com/paint-codes/honda.htm
            BTW I am sure this info about the color code is somewhere in the forum, sorry for the repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
              Just ordered my cobalt blue .. 21 bucks to my door ..
              HELL YEAH... Hampshire Green is on its way! its a 91 cb9 color...not a bad temporary fix untill you get repainted.

Comment

45 for color primer and clear coat to my door for me. i say not bad.
                Accord SE

93se
                Members Ride
                Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Duplicolor has (or at least had) most of the OEM CB7 colors in aerosol cans as well. They're easily found at any major autoparts store.

But yeah, GhostAccord is right... the years of being exposed to the elements will have faded the paint on all but TypeG's car. The paint may be a perfect match for your paint 20 years ago, but it's likely to be too dark now. There's really no easy way to paint a small section of our cars, without skillful blending.

Comment

I must be a cobalt blue pearl. I've seen this done and though the shine doesnt match whatsoever the colours are pretty bang on. I'm thinking this is a great option for custom grills and front lips to match ur paint without costing 200 bucks or more to paint them.

Comment

I bought duplicolor at autozone and it matched perfectly. Btw my color is bg30p which is arcadia green. I used it on my bmw flushy, a fender and some little rust spots in the trunk. The can actually matched to the tooth. My only bronlem was not base coating it before.

And the can i bought was 6 dollars. And i also got 2 on clearance for 2 dollars a couple weeks later.

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                      Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
                      Originally posted by bmxicansd
                      so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

Wow... $6, that is a bargain! Perfect match, huh? That is awesome, thank you for the input.

Comment

It is a perfect match , but as said above the factor that is the paint on these cars are so old , 100% matching is impossible unless a fresh paint job is put on. However , the difference is not noticeable unless you go detective mode.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

ill post pictures tomorrow of my painted fender i did. duplicolor didnt have my color, also i could have done better if i used 3 cans of primer but i only used two, one can of color, and one of clear, but i dont think the results r bad considering i painted outside.
                            Accord SE

93se
                            Members Ride
                            Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                            Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

A professional paint job can get expensive, if I am going to do it myself I will spend a little in good products... Exact color matching is attainable but it will cost you money.

Comment

Oh don't forget about the pix please...

Comment

Working...
                                X