Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing reminds me more about how i hate Football then.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
    How do you know people don't put much effort into their daily lives?

I get the point about not having it consume you and I agree, it is like the car fanbois making the car look bad. Like how some think Hondas are the best thing and they will defend it to the end. I'm not saying Hondas are bad cars, just that because your preference does not agree with others does not make them wrong.

Freedom of speech/expression, to a certain extend.

Domestics suck.
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
      The sports headline I love is when USC plays Oregon State and USC blows out Oregon. The headline reads "Trojans Pound the Beavers"
      LOL. awesome

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
      the fucking fans.

Jesus christ....if half of you put as much effort into your daily lives as you do over a fucking game then you wouldn't be on here bitching about all the fucked up shit in your daily life.

/rant.

Its just annoying to have to login to Facebook and be completely overwhelmed with Football crap.

Pretty sure im alone on this one as im sure most of you just love your football.

And don't get me wrong i like sports. I prefer Baseball or B ball.....Hockey is the shit....but its cool to enjoy it....not let it consume you. Its annoying.
      not alone...

I work in a hospital and STAFF will be watching a game at work and start SCREAMING yelling grunting etc...absurd. Absurd any where, I do not even get that worked up when i get in a wreck...the fact they act like that ON THE JOB even more reddiculous

The charge nurse and I have actually ran to a room because we thought someone was fist fighting...just watching the damn game getting worked up literally over nothing

I'm not a sports fan though, I played in high school only for the social aspects and fitness...don't get me started on how we pay these assholes to play games all day and practically worship them for doing nothing but playing... /my rant
      Last edited by bcjammerx; 01-24-2011, 01:35 AM.
      ____

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
        Domestics suck.

Comment

Go Liverpool!!

You'll Never Walk Alone

oh wait.. that's premier league football

you guys are talking about American football

my bad

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
          Honda Accord Euro-R
          Honda Odyssey Absolute
          Honda City I-DSi
          Honda Stream

Comment

i personally do not like football, like, at all.
            not one to sit on my ass and watch sports, i would rather just go to the intrawebs and look up the final score, you get NOTHING from yelling at the tv, its not like they will run faster, or get more TD's from that. That aside...
            actually no thats it lol, don't get me wrong, i love to PLAY the sports, just not to watch, to me this is the equivalent of doing the WII sports, or owning a 3DTV.
            if you really want to play a sport, go to the park, if you want to watch the most amazing 3D shit EVER, go stare at anything in the real world.

/rant

that aside i watch the super bowl for the ads, could give two shits who wins or loses, i aint gonne stop eating cus some overpaid asshole wasn't able to run 10 yards to save his career.
            Originally posted by scudweiser
            it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335 View Post
              Go Liverpool!!

You'll Never Walk Alone

oh wait.. that's premier league football

you guys are talking about American football

my bad
              haha yes the real football (aka Soccer)
              IMO American football is a pussy version of rugby (unless we're talking about Lingerie football league, then its a REAL pussy version and i love it)
              it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
              Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Really? LIVERPOOL?

GO SPURS! I'm a Tottenham nutcase!

And my man crush on Gareth Bale is nothing unusual. It's perfectly natural!

DON'T JUDGE ME!
                Last edited by f22a4bandit; 01-24-2011, 04:09 AM.
                Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

yeah, I dont care about football either. I don't understand it, My parents are Swiss and Tibetan, they don't give a fuck about football either lol. I like the REAL Futbol. I mean I go to superbowl parties too, but not to watch the game, just to hang out with people and chat and drink/eat lol.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Ok, guess I'm in the minority of those that are actually commenting but I LOVE football. Gamedays signal a stoppage of everything and the commencing of a huge, campus wide party. The games themselves are incredible. Being able to watch these incredible athletes do their thing from the field is just a blast, not even mentioning the 100,000+ fans adding to the suspense.

Now, were I draw the line is how people react after the game. For me, I would prefer my team to win but I'm not going to be down if we don't. Honestly, I'd much rather see a close, exciting game that the team I'm pulling for losses than see a blowout by my team. I go to be entertained and leave happy no matter the outcome. That goes for any sport, I have fun watching just about anything that comes on be it football, soccer, golf, tennis, etc. Seeing people compete at a high level is fun.

I mean, shit, as a UT fan the most fun I've had at a football game was the Music City Bowl a month ago. It was pandemonium at the "end" of the game and having to come back out was wild. We lost the game in controversial fashion but it was a BLAST to be there.

Also, comparing rugby and football, in my opinion, isn't a fair comparison. The sports are way too different for you to call football players "pussies". I've been playing rugby now at UT for 4 years, so I'm not trying to play down how hard rugby is either. Hits in either sport are just so different. In rugby, you are forced to wrap up a person when you go into contact wereas in football you can fly in at full speed and just hit a person as hard as you want with your helmet.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

playing rugby got me 3 slipped discs

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                      Honda Accord Euro-R
                      Honda Odyssey Absolute
                      Honda City I-DSi
                      Honda Stream

Comment

I'm generally not a sports dude,

But I watched the second half of the Jets/Steelers game last night, and I can see how people get caught up in sports.

The energy of watching a game w/a crowd and identifying with a team is definitely enjoyable.

But I agree that it, or CB7s, or a Myspace rap career, or the club life, or anything unimportant shouldn't take precedence in someone's life.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                          yeah, I dont care about football either. I don't understand it, My parents are Swiss and Tibetan, they don't give a fuck about football either lol. I like the REAL Futbol. I mean I go to superbowl parties too, but not to watch the game, just to hang out with people and chat and drink/eat lol.
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by lordoja View Post
                            New sig

Originally posted by lordoja

Comment

1999 BMW M3
                              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                                Originally posted by f22a4bandit View Post
                                man crush
                                That is all.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                                Originally posted by Jarrett
                                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                                X