CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 07-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #21
indoplasm
Newcomer

indoplasm is cool... so far.
When it doesn't start it will crank fast then to slow as it draws the last of the power from the battery
indoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #22
accordztech
CB7tuner Member

accordztech is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to accordztech
shouldn't matter if it cranks slow or fast, he isn't getting charged.

Follow the electrical wiring in the manual, trace the wire back to where it goes and test there. There is a procedure in the FSM to do so.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good
accordztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #23
Accord problems
Contributing Member

Location: THE HIPPIE STATE WHERE EVERY ONE DRIVE A PRIUS... NORTHERN CALIFORNIA *facepalm*
Accord problems is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordztech View Post
shouldn't matter if it cranks slow or fast, he isn't getting charged.

Follow the electrical wiring in the manual, trace the wire back to where it goes and test there. There is a procedure in the FSM to do so.
yes it does matter . if it just crank's tell the battery is died then that would not be a bad alt . get what im trying say now. if it was a charge issue the car would start right . then it would die after a smell amount of time .

op when it does this do you need the charger the first time or will it crank on it's own till the battery is died ?

Last edited by Accord problems; 07-08-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Accord problems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #24
indoplasm
Newcomer

No it will crank on its own till the battery dies then i have to recharge it
Old 07-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #25
indoplasm
Newcomer

And it will start and run till the battery dies
Old 07-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #26
Accord problems
Contributing Member

Location: THE HIPPIE STATE WHERE EVERY ONE DRIVE A PRIUS... NORTHERN CALIFORNIA *facepalm*
then you have a short simple as that. time to start tracing down wires to fiend the short . is it a intermittent start or as long as you keep the charger on it will it start every time ? does it die with the charger on ?

Last edited by Accord problems; 07-08-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #27
accordztech
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord problems View Post
yes it does matter . if it just crank's tell the battery is died then that would not be a bad alt . get what im trying say now. if it was a charge issue the car would start right . then it would die after a smell amount of time .

op when it does this do you need the charger the first time or will it crank on it's own till the battery is died ?
I didn't realize it was the OP's response. I thought it was a question that someone else asked.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Old 07-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #28
indoplasm
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord problems View Post
then you have a short simple as that. time to start tracing down wires to fiend the short . is it a intermittent start or as long as you keep the charger on it will it start every time ? does it die with the charger on ?
It will start everytime as long as i charge it doesn't die when i have a good charger on it but my charger is a 1.5 amp per hour charger
Old 07-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #29
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

wildBill83 seems to have made some friends!
Try bypassing the ELD.
wildBill83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #30
indoplasm
Newcomer

I have with the ignition wire at the alternator i have it wired to the acc on the radio because its a 12v wire that stops sending power when the ignition is off
Old 07-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #31
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

wildBill83 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoplasm View Post
I have with the ignition wire at the alternator i have it wired to the acc on the radio because its a 12v wire that stops sending power when the ignition is off
Errr ... What!?! Why is your radio wired directly to your alt? Or is your ignition wire from the ignition switch wired to the alt directly, what good would that do? How is any of that to help with your charging problem, unless that is how you caused your charging problem was by jacking with the factory wiring.

Why did you post but ignore my response about the ELD? Quick jacking with the factory wiring and fix it right. I'm not in the thread to tell you how to rig something to work.
wildBill83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #32
Accord problems
Contributing Member

wow put the wiring back the way it's suppose to be . that is probably what is causing it not to charge .

Last edited by Accord problems; 07-09-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #33
accordztech
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoplasm View Post
So with this method does it work? Does it charge?

Follow the fsm and it will help you back trace the issue.

Retro!

Hater

Old 07-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #34
indoplasm
Newcomer

Yes it does work
Old 07-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #35
accordztech
CB7tuner Member

Cool So follow the fsm to fix it.

Retro!

Hater

Old 08-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #36
Joe_cb7
Newcomer

Joe_cb7 is cool... so far.
I have the same issue with my car ive had to replace my alternator four time in the past 6 months so ilat first i thought i was just getting bad alternators but after the second time i thought something was going on in the harness so i took out the harnness n i found that some one had messed with the harness splicing wires together with bare wires so ima hit the junk yard and get a different harness and im hoping this fixes iy and my ignition switch just went out so im wondering if the switch had anything to do with it also...help would be appreciated n i hope this helps you out
Joe_cb7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternator , charging , failure

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: