Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My New CB9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, I am going to get it painted white or pearl white. and im thinking about some bronze wheels

Comment

Not much changed, but the hood is straightend out and after about 5 car washes it looks better but i still need paint and some parts for the front end. But just an update

Hopefully I will get to the junk yard on Thursday and get the front end put together, and hopefully the car will be ready for paint by around xmas. I am hoping to get tires for the wagon this week when I have time.
      Last edited by cb9fam!!; 11-18-2015, 06:35 PM.

Comment

just passing on some wagon love, glad to see you going at it.
        CB7TUNER.com
        Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Bummed the Junk Yard didnt have crap, everything looked picked over and they didnt have much, but i did score a good bumper and a good headlight, found a grill but it was missing 2 tabs and didnt fit right... and not one hood... but oh well it looks better than it did and i found a lip for the bumper so its all just thrown on the car and later tomorrow i will get it all lined up and paint the lip black to match the bumper...

Comment

My poor wagon... so today I did my tune up and put in new spark plugs new wires, and new valve cover gasket and got some cheap coil-overs off ebay, and i went to go drive it and snapped the timing belt before i even backed out of the parking spot. It started just fine no ticking, no knocking, no sounds and just put it in reverse and backed up about 3 feet and died... it didn't make any noise or anything just shut off. And i went to restart the car and it didn't sound right, so i stopped trying to start it, and the first thing i did was pull the valve cover and pulled the timing cover off and i saw the belt in 2 pieces... total bummer and I kinda wanted to know if i need to pull the motor apart or if i can just replace the belt and accessories??? And also i noticed that since i lowered the car the drivers side camber is more negative than the passenger side... what would cause that? So anyways I snapped some pictures of it lowered and i think im going to lower the back more and paint is in the works...

And you can see my wifes new Sentra and my truck in the back ground...

Comment

Get the Car correctly aligned, The car probably just has more worn bushes on the drivers side resulting in more camber.

As for the timing belt, ive heard of them snapping and not doing damage. Rarely. Very rarely.

If you want to get this motor to work again, pull the head and inspect. if you just want to see if it works before replacing it, just do the timing belt and then leakdown test after.
              sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Ok What are some of the signs that the engine is damaged when i would take the head off? Also is there any performance parts for our engine that i could do while i have the engine apart?

Comment

Look for bent valves, valves that don't seat correctly, piston head damage, stuff like that.there's plenty of performance Parts, but you'd be better off just h swaping. Easy swap and better than f series. Won't have to rebuild either
                  sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

So I need some help, how do i know what transmission is in my wagon?

Comment

So i did some research on the Transmission issue, and came up with some stuff that that transmission doesn't "lockup" and doesn't engage overdrive? And some other things about the thermostat is the culprit? So idk for sure but i will be working on getting it figured out after i get the timing belt fixed and the car actually running.
                      I also needed to know if there is a difference between a wagon auto transmission and a coupe/sedan auto trans.?!?

So anyways i also had some more questions and i have done some research but i want to make sure i understand fully before i go out and get the parts. In order to do the H23 plenum swap on the A6 runners, and i wanted to double stack the IAB plate so are the H23 and A6 IAB plates the same or different?
                      And do i need to gut one of the IAB plates?
                      And does it matter if the gutted IAB plate is on the top or bottom?
                      Anyways i have worked on these motors, and never really built and modified them so i just wanted some help with that aspect.
                      Also are there cam shafts that will boost some more power? I mean i know i wont make a bunch of power on a SOHC F22... but i mean the F22a6 is pretty peppy and its not too bad for lugging a big wagon around...
                      So im just looking for some small simple upgrades to gain a few hp...

Comment

Ok well i guess i will post an update, camber issue is the upper control arm bushings are garbage so that needs to get replaced, and as far as the timing belt issue i have replaced the belt and i dont know if its timed right but it is still not running at the moment, I will be pulling the head off soon to find out if i need the head and that is why i cant get it to start right and run... So ya thats all i have for now. If anyone has input on the timing belt or can give me a really good walk through maybe i missed something but im 99.5% sure that the belt is on right and its just the valves may be bent... sad to see it sitting...

Comment

Hey man love the wagon! Lol I had my timing belt snap on the freeway and I think I only bent like 4 valves lol. But even if you have a bent valve you should still be able to start and run the car like normal right now I think I have a bent exhaust valve from a problem I had a while back. But anyways it runs like a top like always it just decelerates really weird. In my opinion I would just start it seeing how you have the belt on already and see how bad it is. If you have to pull the head at least you know you didn't do it for no reason. If I were you I would just get another f for like 250 and swap it in I love the power of this motor and the potential personally that's the only reason I haven't swapped. Good luck man!

Comment

Ya i am undecided on if i want to sell the car or if i want to rebuild, my major problem right now is that i dont have a garage and i dont think my apartment would be happy with me tearing a motor apart in the complex... Also i might look into an h22 swap, also i have been curious if i can do an h22 head on the f22a6 block

Comment

Working...
                            X